Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
What I found:

"The MIL is on with PGM-FI DTC P1172 (air fuel sensor [sensor 1] circuit out of range, high)"

From what I read I'd say the sensor or the wiring is defective.
For a test drive, you might just run the car open loop and check the AEM gauge signal.
Or you might wire it to the KPro and use it as a wideband for closed loop fueling.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 · (Edited)
Did you possibly damage any other wires inside the conduit?
No - I checked the signal wires prior to fixing the damaged heater wire. I reflashed the ECU, made no difference - as soon as I drive the car over a mile, I get the P1172 error code, and now also P2A00 error code. I have ordered yet another O2 sensor.

The AEM WBO2 still shows 13.8 at idle, whilst the system (in KTuner) reads 14.7. The AEM is right in the collector, the system one is in the cat, about 8-10" further downstream

Font Gadget Screenshot Multimedia Communication Device

KTuner shows the same codes

Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Theres a Honda tsb bulletin linked in there. Sounds like it could be what you're experiencing
„you must use a genuine honda sensor due to this issue.”
I know the generic aftermarket Honda parts are mostly crap - however Honda doesn't manufacture the sensor - Denso does. I used a genuine Denso O2, and it was fine until I changed the exhaust setup. Perhaps it accumulated moisture when I ran it with the dead heater circuit, and then when I repaired that, the moisture killed it, I dunno. I'm trying to get the one I have warrantied, since clearly it has failed. In the meantime I have another unit coming. I may swap out the AEM sensor as well, as that is reading richer than the system values, however that has always been the case, so I'll wait & see once I have a new Denso system WBO2 in place.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,102 Posts
Denso does
Just add to this another story where OEM "aftermarket" parts play the major role. I exchanged my ign. coils with OEM stuff from DENSO. All of them had around the double of OEM part Inductance, which caused sort of miss fire during WOT. I had to recalculate and to measure the new dwell time map. That was a bit annoying.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts