1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
slrh22hatch said:
notch-dc5 said:
MI4K20 said:
nice numbers homie...are you running guardian
Im running hondata's K-pro for management, thank you hybrid-racing. I'm not to familiar with guardian
Doesnt that torque look kind of low for the the displacement of the k20????
I have seen worse for 8 psi without an intercooler using another turbo kit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
a cn stage 1 rsx-s torque is like that but the greddy makes more torque since its smaller and spools faster than the t3/t4. the most torque i've seen on a Greddy rsx-s is 289hp 270lb ft on 8psi. he's on clubrsx his name is teamxrsx

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tuning

-=K20A=- said:
a cn stage 1 rsx-s torque is like that but the greddy makes more torque since its smaller and spools faster than the t3/t4. the most torque i've seen on a Greddy rsx-s is 289hp 270lb ft on 8psi. he's on clubrsx his name is teamxrsx
sorry to telling you that but with 283 whp your engines will blow at easy fast your timing should be keep at minimum, the fail of thoses k20-s are the pistons the pistons are not tough than you think.Your tuners dosnt tell you that , he just want your pocket sorry but ive seen soo many of my friend telling me hey you have type-r turbo and you have only 215 whp , well yeah but i will never blow head gasket , pistons. The tuner should advertise you before his tune and tell you all of that risk.

Good luck my 2 cents but you gonna blow it at 283 whp gro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Tuning

B18c5turbo said:
-=K20A=- said:
sorry to telling you that but with 283 whp your engines will blow at easy fast your timing should be keep at minimum, the fail of thoses k20-s are the pistons the pistons are not tough than you think.Your tuners dosnt tell you that , he just want your pocket sorry but ive seen soo many of my friend telling me hey you have type-r turbo and you have only 215 whp , well yeah but i will never blow head gasket , pistons. The tuner should advertise you before his tune and tell you all of that risk.

what the hell did that guy just say?!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Re: Tuning

B18c5turbo said:
-=K20A=- said:

Obviously you have never been on clubrsx because their are stage 1 cybernation kit making over 300 hp with a 60-1 and k-pro and they run fine daily 10 psi running great and perfect a/f ratios as long the air/fuel is in check their should be no problem on a rsx running 10-12 psi daily

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cookie said:
Nothing a good beer or two couldn't straighten out.
I think you dont understand 11:1.0 compression pistons and turbo? your probably a guys who never make your study's, i can run 300 whp me too with my b18c5 turbo but the question is for How many times? The thing is the engines has not been built for turbo

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Many stock type R bottom ends have been held up in the past. All it takes is good tuning VIA hondata and a good tuner to make sure your timing tables and fuel tables are all set for the type of gas your using daily. If a good tuner tunes your car you should have nothing to worry about. But upgrading sometime in the future would always be the more secure thing to do. But thats not to say that ITR bottom ends havent been known to hold up for a couple of years turbo'd. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
basically all motor is always better......still ass kicking and you don't have to worry about you motor giving up on you....my b16 is not fully build and all these turbo swaps can't even keep up with my jDM motor from japan....it redlines at 8 stock....so sweet..if you dont want a blown motor or you wanna save gas stick to all motor...turbo will just kill your motor faster......truth....faster but hey we got all motors running 9 now so keep that in mind.....

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
-=K20A=- said:
dude how 8psi is safe on stock internals how the hell are u suppose to blow the motor? running over 12-14 psi ur gonna blow ur motor
Tuning. With a good tune your car can be safe forever. The reason why your used to seeing a num-but internet fool blowing his motor and saying "stock bottom end is not good for turbo" Is bull. They just strap on the turbo kit with the crappy engine management and turn up the boost and think they are unstoppable. And in the end they wonder how they blow their motor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.