Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Spoke with AlexanderTheGreat over pm, and IMO 205whp seems low. Am I wrong here?

Most people are around the 225-230whp mark with Kpro, RBC, CAI, IMG, header, exhaust...

With that said, AlexanderTheGreat should be around 210-215whp with Kpro, short ram, plus header and 3" exhaust.......just wondering, any thoughts?

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Spoke with AlexanderTheGreat over pm, and IMO 205whp seems low. Am I wrong here?

Most people are around the 225-230whp mark with Kpro, RBC, CAI, IMG, header, exhaust...

With that said, AlexanderTheGreat should be around 210-215whp with Kpro, short ram, plus header and 3" exhaust.......just wondering, any thoughts?
Too many factors. Location, tires, engine accessories, dyno, etc.
Dynos are tools for measuring performance changes, don't worry about the raw numbers too much, the changes from tuning and modifications are more important.

·
Registered
692 Posts

I'm telling you right now the intake/manifold is killing this car.

Also, I have yet to have a bolt-on K20 make over 225whp on my dyno.

- Derek

·
Registered
395 Posts
Off topic: but here's my experence with avid mounts 1st gen,

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

What was my response?

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Off topic: but here's my experence with avid mounts 1st gen,

damn, either they are running the welding heat low or they didn't clean off the milkskin on the metal which they welded to. wow. Avid really did a number on those welds. make sense, you get what you paid for.

·
Registered
395 Posts
LOL..LOL.. well long story short when i mentioned it to them they said they would hook me up and make promises they didn't keep...but oh well you do get for what u pay for...have sibce switched to hasport

as for me will never run a avid product again...

·
Registered
440 Posts
LOL..LOL.. well long story short when i mentioned it to them they said they would hook me up and make promises they didn't keep...but oh well you do get for what u pay for...have sibce switched to hasport

as for me will never run a avid product again...
Lol... For a guy who stood in our office about a day ago. I wish you said this when you were at my office the other day??? You came with your old mounts and we took care of you? So??? Our word Vs. your word on K20a.org? Lol...

I'm not interested in an argument from anyone, just trying to say that our old stuff had a problem and the new one's are great!

Here's a pic of our new EGK-series mounts: Yes we had a problem with our old EGK-series mounts, but that's done and gone now. Take a look for yourself. The same kit that's on my 800+ HP SFWD Outlaw Drag Car. Well Pro-Series for me, lol...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Franklin,

Those brackets look way better... Hats off to you, for making improvements. :up:

It's not my business directly, but I do know that some nice parts on Mark's setup were ruined when his mount let go... I'm sure you and Mark will sort things out.

Have you changed anything with regard to the inserts? Just curious...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts