Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
04 k20a2 stock motor type s trans
Exedy stock clutch replacment with Fidanza 11lb flywheel
SR intake
2.25" collector hasposrt swap header with custom test pipe
2.36" apex ws exhaust II

Tuned on AEM EMS. Catco cat, at Tempest Racing March 2007. Final numbers uncorrected, 193whp and 147tq

Tuned on K pro. Homemade test pipe. Tuned by Derek Robinson November 2008. Final numbers corrected, 193whp and 152tq

Alexander

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That doesn't mean anything? It looks like you dynoed on a different dyno and every dyno is different.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
yeah, we would need the same car on the same dyno to be able to make a conclusion. I am sure you agree about this...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That doesn't mean anything? It looks like you dynoed on a different dyno and every dyno is different.
yeah, we would need the same car on the same dyno to be able to make a conclusion. I am sure you agree about this...
I know they are two different dynos. The dynapack my car was tuned reads about 2% higher than the "average" dynojet.

Im not comparing the hp numbers. Im comparing the two dyno charts in reference to the way that the car was tuned. When the car was tuned on Kpro on the dynapack the tune is smoother and the power doesn't drop off as bad. Reason why the car is quicker.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The conclsion I drew from this was more time was spent on the Kpro tuned one, or had a better tuner, I love the flat trq curve and the smooth hp curve it had, over the AEM. I wonder if what the results would have been with a tuner that was thoroughly familiar with both programs and tuned the same exact setup/vehicle on same dyno, with same conditions woudl result in. Somebody got access and money to try this? I bet AEM or Kpro would be willing to pay for the experiment depending which way it went, lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The conclsion I drew from this was more time was spent on the Kpro tuned one, or had a better tuner, I love the flat trq curve and the smooth hp curve it had, over the AEM. I wonder if what the results would have been with a tuner that was thoroughly familiar with both programs and tuned the same exact setup/vehicle on same dyno, with same conditions woudl result in. Somebody got access and money to try this? I bet AEM or Kpro would be willing to pay for the experiment depending which way it went, lol.
The guy that tuned my car, on AEM ems is one of the best AEM tuners on the east coast from what I was told. He is familiar with the AEM standalone. He took about 4-5hrs to tune my car.

Derek at iMW tuned my car in about 2 and 1/2 hours. Once again I am very pleased with the results. I will be going back to iMW when I install my RBC, replica header, and 3 inch exhaust.

13s with a lower 60ft. FTW.

Alexander

·
Registered
457 Posts
dang that sux, did insurance help any on that? Also, I bet you picked up around 2-3tenths on Kpro didnt ya, even though power might be lower, you made more throughout.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dang that sux, did insurance help any on that? Also, I bet you picked up around 2-3tenths on Kpro didnt ya, even though power might be lower, you made more throughout.
Yeah it did. I didn't go through insurance at all though. I put my money together, picked up a PRB ECU from a junk yard and had it shipped out to hondata. My car was running about a week after the incident.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My car is tuned with AEM and it fell off like that with the old tune in the same spot. I had it retuned and play with VTC alittle more and now I picked up 10whp but it peaks at 7600 and goes strait across to 8600.

·
Registered
457 Posts
can you post your graph too? I am very very interested in the comparisons on these two...Also, I want to be able to have the smootest graph as possible, I know it comes down to the tuner, but if a bigger percentage of one or the other is smoother, probly means it is easier to tune that way, I dunno.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Don't mind the A/F it didn't look like that on the screen.

EDIT
Here is the new graph, we was losing tach signal and was finishing up.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I will be the guy to say it . . .

On a car with a setup like this, it really should not matter what system is used. I happen to like kpro better but lets face it, this isnt a pro all motor car where you need a highly advanced system and will be using all the functions.
Any COMPETENT tuner should be able to pull around the same numbers out of a setup , with a graph that looks somewhat similar to each other.

Should say something about your choice of tuner, but thats just my $.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts