Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
hj. said:
dtrfab have you ever tried to change the pairings in the 4-2-1 header?...i wish you tried a 1-4 and 2-3 for your 4-2-1, just like the rsx header:dance: ...in case you haven't, would you build one to customer specs? and in what price range would that be? :up:

he can always build to a customers specs if they ask for something specific

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
BAR_007 said:
coooooool, I'm waiting to get my set-up together before I jump on to get the SSR header, so would I be making the right assumption that this header is the best out on the market? it seems to be the favorite here
favorite yes...

best... tahts debatable...

·
Registered
51 Posts
jon v said:
favorite yes...

best... tahts debatable...
yeah..SSR got the k series header market locked down :silly:

best...it's debatable... i wonder when nikos is going to vouch for a header test...:silly:
i imagine (SSR, Burns, PTR, Rcrew, DC, lovefab, RMF, hytech,RAGE ) and others.. :p

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
SixSigmaRaceEngineering said:
we are ready to go toe to toe with any K header on the market...

LoL

everyone who's anyone knows the header that was made specifically for that motor setup/combo/build is the one that will win...

a line of headers from different manufacturers designed specifically for a stock motor? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
hj. said:
that's good to know...Derek...can you answer my question about the pairings in your 4-2-1...:silly:

Sorry i always froget to log out and relog back in but i can answer your question.. We are currenty working on a CL7 (only available in asia market) protype header which is very similar to the TSX header we will have this header configured as a 4-1 3-2 short tube Tr-y header and from my calculations it should fit a EG chassis with a swap no perfect but just enough for us to get some testing. We will compair our Long tube 4-2-1 versus this CL7 header and see where it takes us... stay tune..

Danny- SSRengineering

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
making it for a 2.4? CL7 is the Euro R correct, that comes with a 2.0?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Soda Popinski said:
Because a car needs to go to him first so he can make a prototype, then from that comes a jig and then from that he reproduces this header and so on. This process could take many months and considering hes moving to Cali soon i doubt hes ready to put that much effort into making a header right now. If he did thought theres no doubt it would have potential. Me personally though, im sticking to my DTR 4.2.1
told me hes already made a jig. ahwile back ..... ive been on his ass to build me a header for weeks now...... with spring comming up i finaly told him today that if something is not in the works by next week ill be going with a competitors header....... its a shame becuase i really wanted to get that rmf header

·
Registered
51 Posts
SixSigmaRaceEngineering said:
Sorry i always froget to log out and relog back in but i can answer your question.. We are currenty working on a CL7 (only available in asia market) protype header which is very similar to the TSX header we will have this header configured as a 4-1 3-2 short tube Tr-y header and from my calculations it should fit a EG chassis with a swap no perfect but just enough for us to get some testing. We will compair our Long tube 4-2-1 versus this CL7 header and see where it takes us... stay tune..

Danny- SSRengineering

thnx Danny...

·
Registered
75 Posts
92hatchattack said:
im lost... is DTR now SSR??? and who do i contact to talk about having a header made????

Haha no sir you are not lost.. DTR-Fab is now SSR Engineering. Basically because we are more then just a fabrication shop now. You can contact me or Danny at the shop at (209) 467-4909. Sorry for the confusion. We know it is a rough transition to switch names but it is slowly getting out there, and actually we have now reached a more global market these past few months who only know the company as SSR. As the the RSX racecar gets finished and more magazine articles get published, the population that knew the products as DTR will now know the change and those who never knew DTR will not have a problem haha.

~Derek
SSR Engineering

·
Registered
895 Posts
so how does the 4-2-1 fair against the 4-1 on a built motor? will it still be better in times compared? or what..

because ill be having a stock K20a2 in my car then ill have one building on the side... probably a 24 block high comp decent cams..

basically will the 4-2-1 be good for both apps or should i get the 4-1 now and sacrifice midrange if im going to be swapping bottom ends next year?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.