Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
The 4-2-1 makes a better powerband that is most likely why people are buying it. We ran a hytech side exit header on our bseries allmotor car. made a few extra ponies up top with the 4-1 megaphone. made a fatter powerband on 4-2-1 tri y. We ran a 1/2 a second quiker with the 4-2-1. but thats our car we recieved greater bottom end acceleration. 4-2-1 great for a street car......

·
Registered
81 Posts
why is nobody looking into the RMF header, his headers are high quality and just cleaned house on the header test. Granted there are a million variables that could be factored in, but you cannot deny that his headers are present on some the fastest cars in the sport. If you didn t know he also makes the ANr and Bisimoto

·
Registered
272 Posts
Because a car needs to go to him first so he can make a prototype, then from that comes a jig and then from that he reproduces this header and so on. This process could take many months and considering hes moving to Cali soon i doubt hes ready to put that much effort into making a header right now. If he did thought theres no doubt it would have potential. Me personally though, im sticking to my DTR 4.2.1

·
Registered
303 Posts
11sec CR-X said:
The 4-2-1 makes a better powerband that is most likely why people are buying it. We ran a hytech side exit header on our bseries allmotor car. made a few extra ponies up top with the 4-1 megaphone. made a fatter powerband on 4-2-1 tri y. We ran a 1/2 a second quiker with the 4-2-1. but thats our car we recieved greater bottom end acceleration. 4-2-1 great for a street car......
i couldn't of said it any better...took the words right out of my mouth... stay tune im going backing to the 4-1 header and start playing with the lengths and collector sizes soon see if i could get to work more effiecent like the 4-2-1...

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
dtrfab said:
i couldn't of said it any better...took the words right out of my mouth... stay tune im going backing to the 4-1 header and start playing with the lengths and collector sizes soon see if i could get to work more effiecent like the 4-2-1...
Thank you sir .....Your header is the only one on my mind... :D :up:

·
Registered
384 Posts
civdx94 said:
just cleaned house on the header test
i would hardly call that cleaning house, all the headers in that test did very well considering no *serious* tuning was done. plus the motor tested was a b-series...

now, im not knockin RMF or anything, i think his header looks awesome. but just because one company won ONE header test.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
303 Posts
jNYCe5 said:
i would hardly call that cleaning house, all the headers in that test did very well considering no *serious* tuning was done. plus the motor tested was a b-series...

now, im not knockin RMF or anything, i think his header looks awesome. but just because one company won ONE header test.... :rolleyes:

Randy Monroe is a very smart guy, and yes you are right one header test does not make it the best header in the world there are millions of different applications and engine configurations out there that any of the header would of came out on top... I've been learning alot talking to Mr. Monroe himself.. dont be surprised if in the next week weeks i will be doing a full on campagne of just my K20 hybrid 4-1 header once if figure it all out...

·
Registered
475 Posts
I am a fan of Dave headers anyway (smsp) but props still go out to all the company's who header did well...,or even better.. :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
lifendet said:
I am a fan of Dave headers anyway (smsp) but props still go out to all the company's who header did well...,or even better.. :up:
has SMSP made a header for the rsx-s yet? I've been looking around but haven't found any info. or pics:cry:...but man this SSR header looks to be kick ass:driving: I will be looking to get rid of my old header soon, so I will be in need of a good quality piece...SSR or SMSP

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
I dont think hes going to try to mess with making a header for one. I asked him a long time ago when he was going to make one for a type R swap and he just gave me "in a couple months" answer. Well its been like 2 years so i dont think hes going to make one for a rsx s or a eg swap etc.

I did hear that hes been working on one for the TSX though, since thats a car that DTR hasnt conquered.

Also might i add, i own a DTR header and i love it. When it comes to DTR, SMS, Hytech, RMF... You cant go wrong with any of these high end headers.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
talk about bringing a thread back from the dead...

·
Registered
51 Posts
dtrfab have you ever tried to change the pairings in the 4-2-1 header?...i wish you tried a 1-4 and 2-3 for your 4-2-1, just like the rsx header:dance: ...in case you haven't, would you build one to customer specs? and in what price range would that be? :up:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.