Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
petterson makes the dry sump pump and you need get the other parts custom...like oil pan and the fittings ect.... And it's not cheap...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Petterson makes good pumps, but all other things needs to be fabricated.

Anyone tried this one:

http://www.adr3.co.uk/pages/Honda-K20-Dry-Sump-System-141.php?141

made by Pace Products but look at the price! :)
There is a ADR here in Northern CA. The cars seem super reliable.

also user basek20a has a drysump setup in his car.

he is using the pace set up also

http://k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=683473&postcount=343

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50174&page=18

·
Registered
447 Posts
there are several dry sumps out there for the K motors.

Peterson, Barnes, Aviaid, and a couple other ones as well.

As for the pans, Billet Fab, and Moroso are both good pans.
at one point Moroso was stocking the K pan, but unsure if that is even
an option.

If you contact DWNVTEC (Jeremey) he has a really nice kit that I think he sells and makes everything easy to bolt on.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the info from Pace Products. They have three versions of the dry sump system:

Inlet side mounted ё998.60
Exhaust side ё958.60
Exhaust side GT Spec ё1289.27

Here are some pics:

The price is not really high, but you have to buy hoses and oil tank for it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Got the info from Pace Products. They have three versions of the dry sump system:

Inlet side mounted ё998.60
Exhaust side ё958.60
Exhaust side GT Spec ё1289.27
Those are Euro?
This is a very very good price actually!
What is the difference in the GT Spec version?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Holy Giant Pictures!

Anyhow, yeah if you can afford it, a dry-sump system has tons of benefits. The bad things are the price, having a big heavy tank to mount, and the consequences of having the belt break...

Last time I looked into it, an entire system was about US$2000 when it's all said and done.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are Euro?
This is a very very good price actually!
What is the difference in the GT Spec version?
No, it's in British pound actually.
the difference is that GT spec has different oil pan and the system using fittings for connections.

Who wants to try this system with me? maybe we can make a group buy for it :)

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
No, it's in British pound actually.
the difference is that GT spec has different oil pan and the system using fittings for connections.

Who wants to try this system with me? maybe we can make a group buy for it :)
Any pictures of the GT spec pan?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, well here goes...

I have the Pace dry sump set up currently installed in my DC5R.
The system works great, good solid construction on both the sump and pump.

However, there was a lot of costly (time) messing around trying to get the unit to fit.
On the exhaust side, the pump will not clear the driveshafts in this application. On the intake side the Aircon compresser/ pump needs to be removed. For the application we machined and milled a custom bracket to ensure a correct and reliable fitment, while retaining the factory water pump.
Also it fouled one of the engine/gearbox mounts, and the sump bracket had to be shaved.
With the moving of the pump on a custom bracket, it needed another belt to drive the pump which was easy enough to find.

We relocated the battery to the boot and made a custom oil tank in the engine bay, custom breather tank, new oil cooler all with AN -12 fittings, tapped a breather on the rocker cover.

With all the lines, new filter block, oil cooler, fittings, and labour fitting what is sort of meant to be a bolt on affair = a considerable amount of cash to do.

However, the car has picked up noticeable powergains from this, the engine revs smoother and quicker and is a blast to drive. I Dont have dyno figures, but i do have a before dyno, and will be getting a retune shortly so i can post when i get it.

Please consider that this will provide superior lubrication, however at a cost!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think... the GT spec pan was the first one pictured, the one with the -AN fittings.

that would be THE ONLY system i would go with.

Screw having rubberlines clamped with hose clamps on your oil system. 80 to 90PSI and rubber hose don't get along very well.

My thoughts exactly. Replaced everything with stainless steel braided hose and AN fittings. When it comes to an oiling system, you cant afford to go cheap

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Pacman what type of pan did you use?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts