Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just need a brain-check that I'm not missing anything.
Previous removals have been via the top, and have been a real ass of a job.

The car I'm working on has sat crashed in someones yard for about 2 years, so it's a little 'sunk' in the earth.
Since the rear glass is already smashed out, and tank removed and interior gone, I'm going to assume the rear end will be a bit like a wheel-barrow once the front weight is gone, and 2 of us should be able to 'wheel it away'.

Anyway.

Besides the obvious things you'd need to disconnect for a Top-Removal; loom, hoses, AC, Power Steering etc.

Am I correct that I can drop the ENTIRE front assembly, minus the Steering Rack, in 1 go?

Strut bolts out, steering arms out, subframe bolts out, and lift the shell off?
Is the swaybar on the body or the subframe?

Is there something I'm forgetting?
Just wanna be prepared for what I'm imagining before I next pop around there.
If I can 'wheel away' the entire assembly on it's front wheels, that's going to be great.
Because it's a bit sunk into the earth, it'll be super handy too, because I can lift the font of the empty car with a nearby tree and chainblock; but it won't support it with the engine and such in.

Thats also why I'm not going out the top; once an engine crane had the engine on it, it's on grass, it won't wheel.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Yea, just lift it up in front, there is 4 bolts that hold the subframe, remove it and lift the car up and you have your self engine, front struts, all if it in one swoop and yes sway bar is part of it as well, exhaust has to be removed or header so you can just lift the car up and pull the motor out, we use just harbor-freight dolly under subframe to pull the entire assembly out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, just lift it up in front...
Thank you so much for reassuring me;
yeah, all the usual engine out stuff is already off, hoses, looms, fuel lines, coolant lines, exhaust, etc etc.

So it's just the steering rack needs to come off the hubs, then strut bolts off the hats, and then it lifts.

Brilliant, thank you heaps!

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Yea it’s easy as 1 2 3, by far the easiest engine to pull and never have to worry about snagging block pulling from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts