Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what suspension lowers the 05' civic si the most? i used neuspeed race springs and skunk2 coilovers and have gotten about the same result. the rear lowers and the front doesnt.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
rodneycivic said:
does anyone know what suspension lowers the 05' civic si the most? i used neuspeed race springs and skunk2 coilovers and have gotten about the same result. the rear lowers and the front doesnt.
man I got the same damn problem with my o3 si. I just want springs untill i can afford A really good suspension, but all I find lower my car only 1.25 or 2.00 inch. I was going to use the skunk 2 coilovers but i have no good word of that product. SO if you find any good ways to lower our cars let me in on the secret. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont suggest the use of SKUNK2 coilovers. They are very noisy. Ive used many coilovers in my past including skunk2 and never had the problems im having with this set on the 02-05 civic si. They just dont work right. Ive have called SKUNK2 5-6 times and they have nothing to suggest and told me that they never even tested them on the 02-05 civic si.

·
Registered
285 Posts
funny, my friend's dodge neon has the same problem(he got adjustable springs, only the back lowers, and the fronts stay the same. they also both use struts). i dont know if the EP suspension is the same, but you guys look into the techniques they use on lowering AE86s and other cars; strut shortening. for the ae86, its basically shortening the strut casing. other ways are relocating the perch, cutting the perch and just weld the sleeve on, cutting the perch off, and relocate the mounting points. here's a article from Club4ag: http://www.club4ag.com/faq and tech_pages/Short Stroke Conversion.htm

looks like alot of work but should be cheaper than getting full coilovers.

also, for the guys with double wishbone suspension, just thought i show you this nice article on shortening the shocks: http://faq.ef-honda.com/index.php?sid=44749&aktion=artikel&rubrik=007&id=28&lang=en

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
K2e2vin said:
funny, my friend's dodge neon has the same problem(he got adjustable springs, only the back lowers, and the fronts stay the same. they also both use struts). i dont know if the EP suspension is the same, but you guys look into the techniques they use on lowering AE86s and other cars; strut shortening. for the ae86, its basically shortening the strut casing. other ways are relocating the perch, cutting the perch and just weld the sleeve on, cutting the perch off, and relocate the mounting points. here's a article from Club4ag: http://www.club4ag.com/faq and tech_pages/Short Stroke Conversion.htm

looks like alot of work but should be cheaper than getting full coilovers.

also, for the guys with double wishbone suspension, just thought i show you this nice article on shortening the shocks: http://faq.ef-honda.com/index.php?sid=44749&aktion=artikel&rubrik=007&id=28&lang=en
Yess umm... like I like my stock look .....yes...... stock. :wow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i know this is alil ghetto, but i was told by a very respectable source from a very respected shop in Orlando to actually cut 1 coil off the bottom of my neuspeed springs as long as i upgrade my struts.Thats their little secret. he does it on alot of cars. Im going to buy Koni struts and try this out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
rodneycivic said:

YOU MAY WANNA TRY THE TEIN COIL OVERS.
THEY WORK GREAT ON MY EP3, BUT THE THING IS THEY'RE KIND OF EXPENSIVE ALTHOUGH I GOT THEM AT COST

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.