Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I'm a little stuck as to what to do about the drive shaft in my type S. The drivers side, drive shaft was discontinued and I can no longer purchase this product.

My only option it seems is to find a second hand part, but add to the fact that most parts are fairly worn, I wondered if there is anyway way in which we can replace parts on the DS shaft, so that we can give it a bit more life. There are very few results for the DS shaft it seems and I am wondering how I am going get it repaired. We have tried to repair it once before, and the problem arose again over time.

Any help would be most appreciated. I don't want to scrap the old girl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that is correct then here is link to new Axles

Good afternoon, I am still having the same issue in getting hold of the parts, one year on. Do you know of anywhere I can get a complete driveshaft for less that £841 + VAT? It seems ridiculous for a car that was made in 2005. OS drive shaft has now been discontinued.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
In the US we can order left and right driveshafts for the '05 Civic hatchback (EP3) on the site Rockauto. Three different brands are available for both. The most expensive is at $50 US, not including taxes or shipping.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
In the US we can order left and right driveshafts for the '05 Civic hatchback (EP3) on the site Rockauto. Three different brands are available for both. The most expensive is at $50 US, not including taxes or shipping.
that is a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts