Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
I guess you would need to find someone who has a JDM/usdm k24a (tsx) motor... Those are rare.... I will keep an eye out

Some info from acura

DRIVE-BY-WIRE THROTTLE CONTROL

In most cars, a mechanical cable connects the accelerator pedal to the throttle valve. The TSX uses the all-electronic Drive-by-Wire Throttle System,™ first developed for Honda Formula 1 racing engines. It senses accelerator pedal motion, then a computer weighs this data against vehicle speed and engine data in real time and opens the throttle accordingly. The pedal feel is more direct. Acceleration is smooth from rest, and immediate at normal cruising speeds, for quick passing. Because control is more precise, throttle response is quick and sporty. Exhaust emissions are reduced, and performance and fuel economy are improved. Drive-by-wire facilitates communication between the engine and the ABS and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®), enabling a more coordinated reaction by these systems when they are engaged. In the TSX with automatic transmission, throttle position and shifting are coordinated electronically, so the shift "feel" is more refined.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Thanks for coming here Art.

Lol, I think I know why you are interested in this system....

Drive-by-wire means there's no direct link from the gas pedal to the intake butterfly. Instead there's a computer between the pedal and the throttle that processes all sorts of data: pedal position, throttle position, vehicle speed, engine speed, calculated road slope, corner radius, etc., and determines the best acceleration response. If the computer detects wheel spin, for example, it reduces throttle so the car hooks.

maybe this is what a 580WHP Fwd boosted honda needs? :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts