Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum! Anyhow, I was wondering if the throttle by wire would fit on the k20a2 manifold and if anyone has a pic of it? Thanks for info you have provided thus far but I couldnt find any info on it. Thanks..

art

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have just the drive by wire assebly for sale? If I am not mistaken I would need the entire pedal assembly too?

BTW, thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
I guess you would need to find someone who has a JDM/usdm k24a (tsx) motor... Those are rare.... I will keep an eye out

Some info from acura

DRIVE-BY-WIRE THROTTLE CONTROL

In most cars, a mechanical cable connects the accelerator pedal to the throttle valve. The TSX uses the all-electronic Drive-by-Wire Throttle System,™ first developed for Honda Formula 1 racing engines. It senses accelerator pedal motion, then a computer weighs this data against vehicle speed and engine data in real time and opens the throttle accordingly. The pedal feel is more direct. Acceleration is smooth from rest, and immediate at normal cruising speeds, for quick passing. Because control is more precise, throttle response is quick and sporty. Exhaust emissions are reduced, and performance and fuel economy are improved. Drive-by-wire facilitates communication between the engine and the ABS and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®), enabling a more coordinated reaction by these systems when they are engaged. In the TSX with automatic transmission, throttle position and shifting are coordinated electronically, so the shift "feel" is more refined.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nikos, thanks for that info. :D If anyone wants to get rid of their drive by wire please let me know. I am very curious to see it in person or in pics. Ive been googleing it for the past 2 days now. I am so glad I found this forum.

art

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Thanks for coming here Art.

Lol, I think I know why you are interested in this system....

Drive-by-wire means there's no direct link from the gas pedal to the intake butterfly. Instead there's a computer between the pedal and the throttle that processes all sorts of data: pedal position, throttle position, vehicle speed, engine speed, calculated road slope, corner radius, etc., and determines the best acceleration response. If the computer detects wheel spin, for example, it reduces throttle so the car hooks.

maybe this is what a 580WHP Fwd boosted honda needs? :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, no comment. :p

No but seriously, we are getting it to work on the 350z. EFI101.com (EFI University) and myself want to do some testing with some things and this is one of the engine / throttle combinations we want to try out. If we can make it work on the 350 why not on the K? This is just for our own personal data. Autronic can not controll a drive by wire setup but Motec and EFI Technology can. We have several EFI companies wanting to work with us on our program.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Arturbo said:
LOL, no comment. :p

No but seriously, we are getting it to work on the 350z. EFI101.com (EFI University) and myself want to do some testing with some things and this is one of the engine / throttle combinations we want to try out. If we can make it work on the 350 why not on the K? This is just for our own personal data. Autronic can not controll a drive by wire setup but Motec and EFI Technology can. We have several EFI companies wanting to work with us on our program.
I want to take a class there, or maybe you can help me out?

Can you teach me how to use the cell values on the AEM ecu?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Arturbo said:
Great forum! Anyhow, I was wondering if the throttle by wire would fit on the k20a2 manifold and if anyone has a pic of it? Thanks for info you have provided thus far but I couldnt find any info on it. Thanks..

art
I did some reasearch on this so here's what I came up with. Even though I said earlier it would fit, the TSX and Accord Euro R throttlebodies have the same bolt pattern and they won't bolt up to the K20 manifold. Even if they did, there is no provision for the MAP sensor on the t-body.

If you still need to do this, you could make an adapter plate for the throttle body and machine that to accept the MAP sensor. Or you could buy a Accord Euro R intake manifold and modify it to fit the K20 head.

brian g

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info brian. Most of the EFI systems use their own internal(Autronic) / Extrernal (Motec, EFI Technology) map sensor so not having the map wont be a problem. We were wanting to make an adaptor plate to work with the B-series since we run a custom intake manifold. But we have the Carbon fiber intake manifold is being made as we speak for the k-series head, well kinda. At least the spare head is at AIR but who knows if its being worked on or not. But I will probably contact you since you have the resources to make an adaptor plate on the spot and are familar with the bolt patters than we are.

Again, thanks for all the info everyone..

art

·
Registered
73 Posts
brian g said:
It will bolt on. I believe the Accord Euro R manifold is a better than the Type S/R intake manifold.

brian g
The Accord Euro R manifold will give you tourqe earlier then a DC5 PRC manifold. I'll find some dyno charts to confirm this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Accord Euro R (CL7) manifold directly bolts onto the k20a head. Basically the CL7 motor (k20a) is the same as a DC5 K20a but with a different exhuast and intake manifold. The CL7 K20a tranny has different gearing also compared to a DC5R tranny.

·
Registered
599 Posts
EK20A said:
The Accord Euro R (CL7) manifold directly bolts onto the k20a head. Basically the CL7 motor (k20a) is the same as a DC5 K20a but with a different exhuast and intake manifold. The CL7 K20a tranny has different gearing also compared to a DC5R tranny.
Yeah it bolts on but needs modification to work properly, it covers the upper radiator hose outlet. Apparently the outlet is on the side of the head on the Euro R engine.

brian g

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a k24 from a tsx that im swapping into my ek and im curious what I need to buy to make my car drive by wire... any info would be very helpful

1 - 15 of 15 Posts