Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually been the the 1/4 mile track and ran their car with TRUE street radials, im not talking about bfg drag radials or m/t et streets. im talking about falken azenis, kuhmo, dunlop, etc tires. What times are you guys getting? I get a 14.2 every time when i go to the track and I have falken azenis which are far from sticky at the track b/c they are so hard. I have tried launching at 3500, 2500, 3000 etc and i get the same times. my 60's are 2.25
1/8 9.2 @ 79.81 mph
1/4 at 14.2 @ 99 mph

now I know most of you guys are in the low 13's and high 12's with just the swap, but how are you launching? I'm not dropping the clutch, im letting it out a little slower than dropping it. Also I have a stock clutch so its not like its a hard hitting one that breaks the tires loose.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Damn thats not good at all. My friend recently with a full interior RSX with just DC race Header, Intake, and Exhaust with hondata reflash ran 14.3 @98 with a 2.360ft. Sounds like you have a weak motor in your car. What kind of numbers were you pulling when you compression tested it? If you even did? If not i suggest you do. Sounds kinda funny....

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Your 60' seems pretty descent, could be better.

I gotta ask, is it just bare swap? Do you have a full exhaust? I have a b16 in my crx and but i have the stock exhaust still from the crx, it chokes like all holy hell at the top end.

What rpm are you launching at? dropping it? fethering it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
my 1st and only time at the track so far...

i ran 14.298 @ 100mph with 2.2 60ft. on kumho esta 712s
launching at around 4000rpm.

then i shattered my axles...

with azenis i'm pretty sure i would've been able to drop my time though

this year its drag radial time

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
1llmatic said:
my 1st and only time at the track so far...

i ran 14.298 @ 100mph with 2.2 60ft. on kumho esta 712s
launching at around 4000rpm.

then i shattered my axles...

with azenis i'm pretty sure i would've been able to drop my time though

this year its drag radial time
what kind of axles were you running?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i was wondering the same thing about this and im glad you made a thread about this. i ran a 13.8 @ 103 and HX rims with the tires they came stock with. im launching at the stock rev limit 5-55k RPM. also im getting a 2.4-2.6 60".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.