Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, slowly building up parts for a build. Currently have a bone stock 2006 K24A2 and am looking to make 250-260whp. Was eyeing the Drag Cartel 2.2 OG Endurance cams but see that the Elite 1.5s are available as well. Is anyone running these cams in a K24A2 with 09+ TSX pistons and a 50* VTC? I know the surefire way is to clay the motor but I was just curious if anyone is/has run a similar set up. May have to pin the VTC and limit it to 40-45* as well to play it safe. Tried contacting DC 3 times over the phone and via email with no response.
Cheers

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
Welcome to K20a.org JordanLee.

..Currently have a bone stock 2006 K24A2 and am looking to make 250-260whp. Was eyeing the Drag Cartel 2.2 OG Endurance cams but see that the Elite 1.5s are available as well.
You are going to keep the stock compression ratio? For that the DC OG-series 2.2 cams would fit better, as the DC EE 1.5, which has bigger valve durations. You will loose a bunch of dynamic compression with the EE 1.5 which equals to a bunch of lost ponies from down low till the higher midrange. Therefore a 12.5:1 compression is recommended by DC for those on a 87x99 engine.

Anyway, the 260 whp goal is hard with the stock block. Do you have E85 available? Did you consider the stock injectors can't feed the 260 whp goal with pump?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey mate
I recently made 230whp with the mods below yous be higher due to more comp from the a2 pistons

K24a3 bottom end/k20z4 rsp head
Drag cartel 2.2
Supertech dual spring kit (92lb)
Rdx injectors
Rrc intake manifold
Hybrid racing cai
J37 tb
Toda headers
Invidia q300 exhaust
4.7 final drive
Rrc oil pump (balance shaft delete)
Rpc lightened flywheel
Compbrake pro race 5 caliper and braided lines (on the way)
Hybrid racing short shifter,cables and selector springs
Hasport top engine mount
XYZ coilovers
Enkei rpf01
Ventus rs4 225/45/17

Blue line is with kelford 179a cams same setup

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
Drag cartel recommends 40-43* vtc for the 2.2
Thanks for your information 24TYPR :).

I recently made 230whp with the mods below yous be higher due to more comp from the a2 pistons
Would be new to me, all K24A3 for EDM, AUDM, NZDM share the same compression ratio of 10.5:1. That's also what the K24A2 have, also 10.5:1. There is no single engine among those from K24A1 to K24A8 which has more CR as 10.5:1, even not the JDM versions. Less yes, but not more. The K24A3 is almost the same hardware as the K24A2, biggest difference is the ECU.

K24a3 bottom end/k20z4 rsp head...Drag cartel 2.2...Rdx injectors...Rrc intake manifold...Toda headers....
Very nice setup. For what fuel it was tuned?

Was it a wheel dyno or a hub dyno?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your information 24TYPR :).

Would be new to me, all K24A3 for EDM, AUDM, NZDM share the same compression ratio of 10.5:1. That's also what the K24A2 have, also 10.5:1. There is no single engine among those from K24A1 to K24A8 which has more CR as 10.5:1, even not the JDM versions. Less yes, but not more. The K24A3 is almost the same hardware as the K24A2, biggest difference is the ECU.

Very nice setup. For what fuel it was tuned?

Was it a wheel dyno or a hub dyno?
Is tuned to 98 octane fuel and was on a wheel dyno so those figures are at the wheels
Ah ok didn’t realise the a3 and a2 have the same compression that’s awesome
Do you know if adding the k20 head increases the compression at all?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
Is tuned to 98 octane fuel and was on a wheel dyno so those figures are at the wheels
You mean 98 RON fuel? If it is 98 octane fuel than it almost have Ethanol or Methanol level. There was a BP Ultimate fuel, which has 98 octane (roughly 102 RON and 94 MON), but not anymore available according BP. That fuel was a blast as here in Germany all Premium fuels have only 88 MON, which is the more important value for high performance engines to compare.
Regarding power, this would be 230 [email protected] rpm.

Do you know if adding the k20 head increases the compression at all?
All of them have the same head volume, with respect to small differences regarding valve shape and manufacturing quality, it's around 52.5-54.0 cm³.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah here in is we just call it by the number
The only fuel I use is 98 aus octane bp ultimate best by far the car loves it

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
Yeah here in is we just call it by the number
The only fuel I use is 98 aus octane bp ultimate best by far the car loves it
That's a big step forward regarding knock margin fighting. You can be lucky, we still suffer that RON cheated norm EN 228 where MON has to be 88 minimum. All these cheater fuel companies limit exactly there as all eyes are only on RON here. Big fake and nobody complains about it here in Europe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts