Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
In July 2016 I wrote...

Different times...

Just a question to you guys locally. Is their a third option beneath Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump? What would happen if the result is equal of both?

For me as a European guy that specific US campaign is most irritating, the one of e.g. Barak Obama and Mitt Rommney was more serious political campaign, this one shows a bit unprofessional behavior on both sides...but maybe that uncommon behavior is the right for that time?! Maybe people want to get rid of the political establisment (Trump) or want to keep it (Hillary)?! I just follow it a bit via news reported here locally and make my mind about it.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once said something like We hope always and in all kind its better to hope than to despair.

I will do so as you guys have, like we too, serious problems to solve. In the end everyone on top of the country has to solve those, as becaming a winer means its duty to do it.

Markus
...now, after the Electoral College did place its clear vote for Biden (Biden 306, Trump 232, CNN news) and Trump will take his leave off the White House I wonder if you guys did have always hope and if Trump did his duty and solved the problems of this country?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
In July 2016 I wrote...

...now, after the Electoral College did place its clear vote for Biden (Biden 306, Trump 232, CNN news) and Trump will take his leave off the White House I wonder if you guys did have always hope and if Trump did his duty and solved the problems of this country?
Im Not sure anyone could do that job properly in 4 years. Pretty often to be swapping out “leaders of the free world “ and their accompanying staff.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
"We gonna walk down to capitol and we gonna..." Trump demanded his cheering supporters. Later on they broke into the Capitol with violence and hate. Someone need to tell him, he went to far. That's not presidential, that's not childish, that's an disclosing of his very bad and power addicted mind. He risks peoples lifes and the democracy just for his own seat in the White House. Who will talk with him and take him serious after that? Trump plays with his future career.

Democratic Rep. Cori Bush calls for expulsion of GOP lawmakers who 'incited this domestic terror attack' | Fox News
These Trump supporters say they're 'proud' of chaos at Capitol (cnn.com)

I don't believe this was the last ban for Trump from social media. I hope they will ban him for ever. I called it danger in 2016 a POTUS does reach out people directly and call the media spreading fake news while he lie's and lie's, I call it even more danger now.

He swear to protect the constitution. That is his way?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
"We gonna walk down to capitol and we gonna..." Trump demanded his cheering supporters. Later on they broke into the Capitol with violence and hate. Someone need to tell him, he went to far. That's not presidential, that's not childish, that's an disclosing of his very bad and power addicted mind. He risks peoples lifes and the democracy just for his own seat in the White House. Who will talk with him and take him serious after that? Trump plays with his future career.

Democratic Rep. Cori Bush calls for expulsion of GOP lawmakers who 'incited this domestic terror attack' | Fox News
These Trump supporters say they're 'proud' of chaos at Capitol (cnn.com)

I don't believe this was the last ban for Trump from social media. I hope they will ban him for ever. I called it danger in 2016 a POTUS does reach out people directly and call the media spreading fake news while he lie's and lie's, I call it even more danger now.

He swear to protect the constitution. That is his way?
Ya the biggest issue I had with this guy was how obvious it was he lacked professionalism. Bashing anyone who went against him , even his own staffers. I am not into politics whatsoever, but even I know there’s a standard that should be upheld when you are “in charge “ of 400 million people. I thought some of his antics were entertaining , but better saved for a tv show rather than the nightly news.

·
Premium Member
10,456 Posts
Ya the biggest issue I had with this guy was how obvious it was he lacked professionalism. Bashing anyone who went against him , even his own staffers. I am not into politics whatsoever, but even I know there’s a standard that should be upheld when you are “in charge “ of 400 million people. I thought some of his antics were entertaining , but better saved for a tv show rather than the nightly news.
Well put, I think he ran the country like a business. Economy was doing quite well, ect. But I think he would have been much more respected as a president if he would have kept off of damn social media outlets. You literally have press conferences and staff for that shit. This isn't WW2 where a radio address is needed nightly. He has acted quite childish in many respects and he is what, almost 80?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Ya the biggest issue I had with this guy was how obvious it was he lacked professionalism. Bashing anyone who went against him , even his own staffers.
He has acted quite childish in many respects and he is what, almost 80?
Yes, his behavior and communication is one big outpoint for me too. After he called up to the Capitol, he knew what these guys had planned, he knew who he was talking to and he risked what happened. One officer died in action to prevent the riot's from enter further rooms. I really wonder why at black matters protests the hall was pre-filled with national guard to protect, but when trump call in awareness the mob to go to the capitol, even the local police is under-staffed. My assumption is, this was a fully planned event, where Trump and the Riots did know what they want to do. Trump wanted them to enter the building easily, because Trump and riots wanted to give pressure on the last election result certification.

It went totally wrong, one officer died, the democrats won or get certificated two further seats in Senat. Now the Democrats rule in the House and and achieved equality in the Senat, as per voter vote and per Senat/House certificated and at the top the veto vote is owner is a Democrat. He lost in every field and showed he still accept the vote only ostensibly as he loves the rioters, he said this after he knew what they did, and he claims this has just started.

For me he should be resigned from any political duty for now and in future. A politician who calls a riot to run to the Capitol and risks life's of many police officers and politicians - they planned several attacks on democrat's and republicans, they installed pipe bombs,...that's domestic terrorism! This is no simple enter of a democratic symbol, what the Capitol is, like four of the right wing people did here in Berlin, this is a serious attack to the democracy of the United States which has terrorism in mind and the allowance of the POTUS. That POTUS shouldn't be allowed to wear any political role in future, that POTUS should be accused for what he did. Jail should be on the list of that.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Trump is now blocked permanently by Twitter. Some say this restricts the right of free speech. Didn't know that the US constitution integrated a passus for a right to Twitter 😅. He should have been banned from these platforms a long time ago. It is not appropriate to bypass the 4th pillar of power, the media in that continuous way Trump did it and call them fake. He laid unfiltered unproven and too many follow him still.

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump (twitter.com)

As I said in the Brexit thread, in late '60 here in Germany, a APO (s. Außerparlamentarische Opposition - Wikipedia) which was an extra parliamentarian opposition. The cause of it was they didn't like the establishment, couldn't change it within the 3 pillars of power (legislative, executive and judicative) so they went to street, to underground to bypass the media, the politics, the police, everything. Similar Trump did build up with his followers at Twitter/FB/.... They are organized outside the 3 power pillars and even bypass most of the media platforms. They went to underground, street and start domestic terrorism. It is always difficult to compare historical aspects and cases. But what Trump has created endangers the US constitution and it's democratic institutions as well as law and order. It is correct to ban him from those platforms. But this won't be the end. A narcist as Trump can't retried and calm down, he will quarrel so long as he feels the sun of applause of his fans again.

A ban from social platforms should be followed by put him in jail for the offenes he already did (sexual, financial, political, ...). For me as foreign observer it is a thing which looks like a reality shocker horror trip what Trump is able to do without consequences. If this has no consequences, the US law and order has no effect. If this was done by a normal US citizen the consequences would be jail for years. Here the immunity of the POTUS role just kept him going and none seems to stop him while he split the country, run down his own party.

401 - 411 of 411 Posts