Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

381 - 400 of 411 Posts

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
I think there are quite a few of us who completely agree and don't want either one to be president. Unfortunately, there are just too many others who are all for one side or the other.
Maybe it's about getting the "better" out of the two?

For me Trump has proven to often he is not qualified for that job. Even the less aggressive temper of Biden, who come with other lacking fields, looks to me from a far distance him as the better candidate. A POTUS, who calls fanatic and violent groups/organizations to stand back and stand by, is dangerous and should quit his job or should get fired. Not only because of that, Trump has a long list of dividing society in good and bad and Nomens Land in between. This is not a leader this is a divider, violence sawing and not well fair bringing guy.

Trump went too far. It felt like we see little kids fighting for a play tool on the play ground. Chris Wallace need a much stronger hand to calm such situation quick. He didn't perform well as a moderator. It is like rising kids, if the exceed borderlines a consequence has to follow to make clear this is not your green new grass to play on, see your green own grass where you are free. If we accept such discussion killers in society it will get common. Do we want it. For my point, I like it not. I teach my child to speak when it is it's turn and to find there gap to turn into the discussion. Trumps narcissistic manner did cut a good discussion.

Biden wasn't capable to calm Trump as he didn't take the smart route, he fought against in a similar way. He made some points, Trump made some points, Wallace was only acceptable at the intro.

My suggestion would be, the one who interrupt get a warning. After three warnings the accused get 3 minutes less to talk to 70 mio people. I think that is hard enough to think about it. After a further interruption one shoudl get a 5 min mic cut off. I know, this is childish crap, but it works with kids, why should it not work with Trump πŸ˜‰?!

Β·
Registered
385 Posts
I agree.

Biden may look better is some areas and Trump in others, but the shiniest of two turds is still a turd. I don't think either one should be where they are.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Biden may look better is some areas and Trump in others, but the shiniest of two turds is still a turd. I don't think either one should be where they are.
Yeap, at least one of them is a show man who knows every trick in the book and won't let it get boring. I hope the best for you guys!

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
That's nice stuff from the local Messias. Does he play with sick peoples life? Or does he just do the best he can do? Normally a testing procedure under scientific aspects, like dedicated observations, documentary, measurements and analysing in statistics with real and fake medicine scenarios and so on does clarify it. Trump just want to do it, at the cost of the government. I think it's a more strategical approach to bring him again into the headlines to gain more voters. A in Germany called "Wahlgeschenk", an election gift. He would do many things to get back into the office, doesn't he πŸ€”?!

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
This presidential campaign does not make me very happy because now the coronavirus and times are already difficult. For example, I now increasingly provide online nutritional advice, talk about the benefits of keto bread and other products more through social networks than live. Because of this, this time, all candidates found it difficult to contact the electors.
How does the keto bread relate to the topic? Please explain this to me.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Good luck to you guys. Tomorrow is election day. I guess some of you already voted. But as I understand it, it will take some time to count the votes. In Germany we know the first approximations a few minutes after closing the voter rooms and at the next day the official result. As assumed about half a year ago, Trump will use the weeks, it will probably take to count them all within some of the states (e.g. NY), to spit his toxic out to motivate his guys to rumble. I hope the official result will come more fast and all guys keep calm until this. So I wish us all best luck and a good peaceful time till election result is released officially.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Now six days after election, and its Monday, Trump can ran the legal challenges on claiming the mail and ballots, which brought Biden way over the necessary victory margin of 270 electors (CNN: 274, Fox News: 290, by 09.11.2020, 11 o'clock CET). It seems most media platforms already follow the actual results and see Biden's victory. So it get's a bit silent around Trump and his approach to safe his skin. At least 12 lawsuits, which involves Trump (s. List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump - Wikipedia), will run him in some trouble after he lost his immunity. Looks like a dirty track in front of him, now he over spins to get out of it. But my guess is, he has no Quattro drivetrain and he will need to walk all the way through every instance.

Biden will have, even if he has collected the most votes ever of any ever Presidency candidate (a very high election turnout as basis), a hard time to get US back on track. He has the SARS-Cov-2 Pandemic, the need to unit the people, enforce higher taxes to finance programs for green deal, healtcare, ...after a very long list for intern there are expectations from external. Many bilateral and multilateral contractions where broken into shards and need a review if can be repaired or renewed. Especially the conflicts with China and Europe will be interesting to see what he can do.

I am not sure what it means to have the Senat on 50:50 and the House stabil on his side regarding domestic and foreign policy, but to me it looks like he need a lot of unite power to run his agenda. This will be for me the biggest advantage of Biden. Going back to level of communication which is based on facts and the will to unite what Ego Trump has divided. Biden won't solve all his agenda points, he may solve some, but having a POTUS which behaves wise and knowingly the US can't do it alone is the biggest advantage for me. And maybe the 4th power of state bypass like Twitter is no longer the board to discuss political stuff before it was discussed in the Senat and House.

Anyway, Trump will be Trump and do his Narcist thing till the end of 20th of January 2021. I am curious what he can cook up till then.

Β·
Premium Member
44,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
to run his agenda
What is that? All he's done in the past is shill for credit card companies, over seas investment shell companies (panama papers) and locking up blacks (his words) because racial jungle (again, his words).

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
What is that? All he's done in the past is shill for credit card companies, over seas investment shell companies (panama papers) and locking up blacks (his words) because racial jungle (again, his words).
His agenda will be derived from his vision, which can be found Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website. You may know him better, but in every place you can find dirt among the stones you turn around. I don't think his voters have that view too. Same for Trump, you don't need to search to find a stone turned dirty and still 70 million voters elected him. The essential question is, does a voter believe in he would be able to improve the country. It seems more voters believed in that vision of Biden compared to amount of those who doesn't or just believed in Trump's vision. There was no clean candidate available, it never will be, it is just a question of what does matter for the voter of what he can read, see or feel.

For me personally Trump set the level so low that most alternatives seems to be better. Camila Harris is for me a big plus on the enrollment list of Biden. With her he have a fighter, a well educated and well knowingly person in his team. Because of Biden can't and won't do the job alone, his team will finally setup the agenda together, and together they will fight for it. You know that...we maybe just talk about personal preverences πŸ˜‰.

Β·
Registered
230 Posts
three humans ago they were killing Indians and bringing slaves by the boat loads. this country is crazy to think we are not all savages still. As Joe Rogan said , " we just want to run red lights and fuck. " we don't care what shit stain runs the country, they won't be any better than the last asshole they arrived from..

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts

Β·
Premium Member
44,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #395 (Edited)
Can someone clarify to me how much seats one need a party to have a good working condition in Senat and House?
Think of the Legislative Branch (The House) of the USA Government as a family gathering, or a large wedding.

The House has two 'tables'. One is the kids table (Representatives) which is based on a section of a state or territory, and represents that section in the House. These are junior politicians traditionally, and are only elected for 2 years, and they are elected every two years. They can come up with bills, but the bills have to pass the Senate, and then either be veto'd or made law by the President.

The Senate is much more powerful. There are two Senators per State (no rep for territories) and they are in office for 6 years. They are the barrier between the Representatives and the President when it comes to approving new national laws. They also appoint Judges. The Trump administration has appointed A LOT of Federal Judges, more than almost any other administration. They have also appointed more Supreme Court Judges, and that was because only the Senate can vote on them.
The Senate also select the next President if the Electoral Collage determins that both candidates have not reached the agreed upon number of votes (by them) to be the President. The actual voting process in America (by the people) is for all of their Government, except the President.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Think of the Legislative Branch (The House) of the USA Government as a family gathering, or a large wedding...The Senate also select the next President if the Electoral Collage determins that both candidates have not reached the agreed upon number of votes (by them) to be the President. The actual voting process in America (by the people) is for all of their Government, except the President.
Thanks signalpuke for the clarification. I do understand it better now what it is about White House, House and Senat and how these get elected. Seems this elections system in the US has some undemocratic pitfalls in case of an unclear voting. Therefore I liked the last comment on that "...national popular vote...preferential voting...crazy idea" of the video speaker in the "Electoral College is Tied" video. But it is like it is. Accepted.

Now with the voting get more and more clear (290:217 for Biden:Trump, s. CNN, FOX News statistics) the FOX News content changed. This made me curious and found a Tucker Carlson Comment on FOX News (s. Tucker Carlson: Joe Biden's agenda is meant for America's unhappy rich ladies and no one else) where he talks about or criticises Biden's Agenda, I was mentioning earlier. I didn't know Tucker Carlson, but my first impression is, he says what he thinks unfiltered and in a for German News commentators used to guys drastic way. Sounds more then a right wing politician then a journalist doing a well thought comment on Joe Biden's Agenda. We will see what Biden brings up on Carlsons fear of the US get run over by Foreigners while the US Military is in South Korean.

Nice to see FOX News accepted already President-elected :D, they already do opposition work for the Republicans e.g. by critiquing Biden's phone calls with foreign country leaders, calling it foreign policy and pointing to a calm down law until 20th January. I am looking forward to see how they will report after the inauguration.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Someone should talk with him...

...and clarify some of his misunderstandings about law and order. It's like with his tax balance, it will get published when it everything mad is gone deleted. Here the evidences he see will be published when all existing evidences of him being wrong are deleted. Not sure if the US judicative can work with that.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
A comment on National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day 2020 from CNN's commentator Cooper:

It's always looking like comparing apples and banana when it comes to historical events, but I think it is the Corona-crisis handling of Trump is something to think of. It happens not accidently like a war causing event does or did it. He did not handle as a chief in command should do. Time for him to go, playing Golf somewhere in the sump of Florida. A surrounding he didn't dry but now knows very well πŸ˜‰

381 - 400 of 411 Posts