Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really think the turbo gearset needs a straight cut final drive.. Hasn't Javier broken a few OEM cases now that he has switched to the billet final drive? I guess you could try doing a lower brace like PPG does on their B-series stuff..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I really think the turbo gearset needs a straight cut final drive.. Hasn't Javier broken a few OEM cases now that he has switched to the billet final drive? I guess you could try doing a lower brace like PPG does on their B-series stuff..
Javier has broken a few cases, the first one was with the OEM final drive though. Other people have broken cases with other gears as well. We are working on a fix for the case.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
We will be starting on some dog conversions that will be compatible with stock 3rd/4th/5th/6th. Pricing for 1-4 will be the same as our four speed conversion. Retail on the 1st and 2nd dog conversion will be about $2500. Let us know what ratios you want so we know where to start.

Also, for everyone out there breaking 2nd gears, is it just the gear on the output/pinion shaft that breaks? Does 2nd on the input shaft also break?

its both pal. i just finished rebuilding my tranny , new 1st through 4th suncros hubs sliders , new bearings at both ends , new 2nd gear as it was ground down to the point it would not shift at high revs. and a new 3rd gear. i had all this done , lasted about a week.

i make for the street 360ish whp , 280wtq. 8psi.

heres whats sitting in front of me right now , every tooth of the 2nd gear on the mainshaft(input as you call it) is sheared off. and the countershaft(pinion) shaft 2nd gear is chewed all to hell. i would say the failure was in the mainshaft myself.

really sucks having to go through this. i cant afford a dog box tranny , i dont know many people who can afford a 5000 dollar tranny. would be nice if someone would simply make forged gearsets for them instead of stupid cast garbage. would that not be practical?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I think PPG has exactly what you're looking for at about $1200 retail (input shaft, 1st, 2nd). I hate to drive away business but it's just not worth it for us to try to compete on price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Two of our customers have had a problem with our fabricated 3/4 shift fork. As you can see in the picture, the bottom has bent and causes shifting problems. The forks we've made recently have been out of a stronger alloy but the forks we are making now will have added material as well. If your fork is bent please contact us and we will send you a replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just want to say thanks Frana for letting us know whats going on, always on top thing with your gear sets. I will take apart the trans and check it out. Good job

61 - 69 of 69 Posts