Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks again to everyone who bought the dog boxes. We still have one each of the following ratio sets in stock:
1st 2.50
2nd 1.72
3rd 1.23
4th 0.96

1st 2.77
2nd 1.88
3rd 1.45
4th 1.13

1st 3.08
2nd 2.06
3rd 1.45
4th 1.13

Plus a billet 4.133 final drive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey, John just saw the new pics of the gearset. Question, why are the gears straight cut and the final drive helical?
The main reason is that we have more flexibility with the helical cut to get the ratio we want. The helix angle is pretty low so it doesn't add much drag.

·
Registered
616 Posts
is there a payment plan, lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
crap :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
so close to having the deposit ,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks again to everyone who bought the dog boxes. We still have one each of the following ratio sets in stock:
1st 2.50
2nd 1.72
3rd 1.23
4th 0.96

1st 2.77
2nd 1.88
3rd 1.45
4th 1.13

1st 3.08
2nd 2.06
3rd 1.45
4th 1.13

Plus a billet 4.133 final drive.
do you still have one of each of these in stock? PM me on here or email and let me know I'm intersted in a turbo setup w/ fd. [email protected]

·
Registered
570 Posts
Loving the teeth profiles and pictures but what about us turbocharged guys with power but have daily drivers?

I really don't want to Buy a Race Only gearbox nor a PPG for that much money.

Your price and gear set looks wonderful but there is still a market for a daily driver boosted gear set. Are you planning on making one?
The first K series dog boxes we made were set up to use the stock 5th (and 6th) gear. That design also had the oil passages so they were good for street use. There is one shop that wants us to make that design again so we might soon.

We're always looking for new products, applications, distributors, and vendors so let us know what you want!
I would like more info on the "streetable" gear setup you guys produced.. would be great if you reproduced the units as I personally feel there are more and more daily driven Kswaps with 400+whp that could really use a stonger tranny.

If that shop gets its way and you do end up making these gears again can you please post contact info for the shop and/or a direct line to you guys to purchase the setups?
if you guys can come up with a set you would feel comfortable with street use im in.
anyword on any of this... if so pricing range roughly most of us just need a good 2nd gear lol 250 a pop for a complete second gear set after breakin 3 or 4 of them in a year = some serious annoyance

fyi seen these things in action and there no joke engage and shift like a monster i was like woah wtf thats a serious wreckless 1st to 2nd gear transition.... then i heard frana i was like ooooo it is a doggy dog world lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
anyword on any of this... if so pricing range roughly most of us just need a good 2nd gear lol 250 a pop for a complete second gear set after breakin 3 or 4 of them in a year = some serious annoyance

fyi seen these things in action and there no joke engage and shift like a monster i was like woah wtf thats a serious wreckless 1st to 2nd gear transition.... then i heard frana i was like ooooo it is a doggy dog world lol
We will be starting on some dog conversions that will be compatible with stock 3rd/4th/5th/6th. Pricing for 1-4 will be the same as our four speed conversion. Retail on the 1st and 2nd dog conversion will be about $2500. Let us know what ratios you want so we know where to start.

Also, for everyone out there breaking 2nd gears, is it just the gear on the output/pinion shaft that breaks? Does 2nd on the input shaft also break?

·
Registered
570 Posts
We will be starting on some dog conversions that will be compatible with stock 3rd/4th/5th/6th. Pricing for 1-4 will be the same as our four speed conversion. Retail on the 1st and 2nd dog conversion will be about $2500. Let us know what ratios you want so we know where to start.

Also, for everyone out there breaking 2nd gears, is it just the gear on the output/pinion shaft that breaks? Does 2nd on the input shaft also break?
the breakage isnt the gear itself its the syncro once the syncro starts goin the gear goes right after it usually when i/we break them and the second gear itself looks fine we jus replace the syncro but they go hand and hand gearing can be around stock its just the durability is what most of us are lookin for.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Interested in a custom gear ratio set. What is someting like that would go for?

Stefan

41 - 60 of 69 Posts