Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We have to finish these sets first but then we can start on some streetable sets (five or six speed with oil holes). I will post on k20a as soon as we make the decision.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We have four sets of the turbo ratios that will be done by the end of March. In order to get in on the group buy price of $4500 please make a 50% deposit by March 15th. After that those sets will be retail priced at $5000 each. Contact us for dealer pricing if you want more than one set.

·
Registered
440 Posts
These are really nice dog boxes, I'm very interested. Love the design. But do you guy's really think that the stock final drive will hold? I know Javier has some success with the stock final, but on 24.5's doesn't have the shock resistance of a 26" tire. What other testing have you done to prove that the stock final will work? I know myself, Matt Keller and a few others that have broken stock finals. I'm just asking because I am definitely interested...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We are currently making a few billet final drives that should be done with the initial run of dog conversions at the end of March. These will be a 4.133 ratio but we can make anything.

·
Registered
77 Posts
These are really nice dog boxes, I'm very interested. Love the design. But do you guy's really think that the stock final drive will hold? I know Javier has some success with the stock final, but on 24.5's doesn't have the shock resistance of a 26" tire. What other testing have you done to prove that the stock final will work? I know myself, Matt Keller and a few others that have broken stock finals. I'm just asking because I am definitely interested...

Yes! I had great success with the OE Final Drive, after a total of 52 launches with a mix of 1/8 to 1/4 mile runs on 24.5", 25" and 26" tires, the time came where the OE Final Drive gave up and broke, now that we know that the gears are strong enough and can hold the power, we knew that the next weak part with the gear box would be the OE Final Drive.

yzfr6avid no worries!, your in good hands working with John.

Can't wait for the new billet Final Drive from Frana!:):):)

Thanks John for your great customer service.:up::up:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the deposit, Marouj.
The turbo sets are almost done now, just a few more gears to make.

Get your deposits in Monday!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
We plan on shipping three turbo gearsets this week, all the parts for them are finished.

Billet final drives will be done soon also.

Thanks for everyone who joined in this group buy, we look forward to seeing our customers test these gears to their limits!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can't wait to see the results with the new gear ratios.:up::up::up::up:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great news!!! The gearing along with the Billet Final Drive for my Turbo setup has arrived.

I'll post more photos tonight on the assembly in the tranny case.

Thank you John!:up::up::up:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts