Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Any information to that would be appreciated, as www.erlperformance.com doesn't work anymore.

Thanks

Feb 17th 2017
ERL Performance Customers and Dealers,
Today, we are announcing that the ERL Performance division of ERL Inc. is shutting down. We had a good run for over a decade supporting the aftermarket community. We appreciate all of the loyal and enthusiastic support of ERL Performance over the years. We have built many great racing engines & relationships, and have won a lot races, but it is time for us to move on. We have made the decision to focus our efforts on our primary business of Commercial Marine and Rail. We will be completing our open orders and selling our inventory at discounted prices over the next 6 weeks.
Sincerely,
Stephen Wilkins
President
ERL Inc.
Guess not...

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess not...
Thanks for the replay 1320WhtRex :up:. Seems to be the Marine and Rail business - interesting that was their main business over the years - is more profitable. From my expericence, which comes from the industry Marine and Rail market, it is getting harder for the OEM's due to emission regulations and the after treatment for exhaust gas handling get's more expensive. I guess they work in the service and maintance market (overhaul and that stuff)?!

How is filling up that sleeving market amount, they did feed, in the US?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
I visited the facility around 2011 when Sean was still there with Kyle aka ImportRacer2123. Sean gave us the full tour and it was amazing. Their inventory of completed personal engines and blocks was mind blowing. There were literally more sleeves LSx blocks than I could count on shelves to the ceiling, k series was #2 as far as volume with many other evo motors etc. We went over to the dyno room and the #1 all motor drag race st the time had a NASTY motor on the engine dyno for testing (Sean wouldnt even let us take pics).

Sean left shortly after that and the auto section of the company slowly closed after that. Without Sean it just wasn't worth their time even though they were the on top of their game.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I visited the facility around 2011 when Sean was still there with Kyle aka ImportRacer2123. Sean gave us the full tour and it was amazing. Their inventory of completed personal engines and blocks was mind blowing. There were literally more sleeves LSx blocks than I could count on shelves to the ceiling, k series was #2 as far as volume with many other evo motors etc. We went over to the dyno room and the #1 all motor drag race st the time had a NASTY motor on the engine dyno for testing (Sean wouldnt even let us take pics).

Sean left shortly after that and the auto section of the company slowly closed after that. Without Sean it just wasn't worth their time even though they were the on top of their game.
Thanks for sharing your story about your visit at ERL Performance, I really appreciate it. What NA drag motor was it you did see at the engine dyno?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts