Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Do you use a front mount?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
That SHG guy from Hawai'i
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If yes, do you use the stock mount, stock mount with inserts or the innovative front mount? Also do you experience any wheelhop when launching?

If you don't, do you experience wheelhop when launching?

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Re: Do you use a front mount?

haha.. at first i thought it was a front mount intercooler... lol

never used a front mount.. used to have wheel hop... then i adjusted the front shocks so its stiffer.. then it went away a bit more... then put in the lower control arm bushings then it went away

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, i put in the es lca bushings and changed the mount bushings to 70a. i also tried stiffening the front and rear shocks to max.

xproductionz, when you are launching on street tires what rpm do you launch at, and do you pre-load the clutch and feather it or pop it? also what is your tire size and brand

·
Registered
778 Posts
even i want to ask this question,i broke my front mount,would it help if i got one?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Im not sure if it does help or not but you dont need it. I have it on though.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i just fixed the front mount and it has made ALOT of diff as i was experiencing wheel hop and the engine used to move up by about 2inch when on WOT,mind u im running stock front mount,stock rsx tranny mount and fabricated driver side mount done by myself,but the front mount has really made my car smooth and has improved my launch

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
i just fixed the front mount and it has made ALOT of diff as i was experiencing wheel hop and the engine used to move up by about 2inch when on WOT,mind u im running stock front mount,stock rsx tranny mount and fabricated driver side mount done by myself,but the front mount has really made my car smooth and has improved my launch
ur situation is different from all of use that are running the hasport mounts..

the fact that ur running the stock rsx rear mount is reason for itself for u to run the front mount also since the rear mount isnt a solid mount like the hasports :silly:

other than that u should try getting inserts for ur rear and fron mount

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
hmm, i put in the es lca bushings and changed the mount bushings to 70a. i also tried stiffening the front and rear shocks to max.

xproductionz, when you are launching on street tires what rpm do you launch at, and do you pre-load the clutch and feather it or pop it? also what is your tire size and brand

i have no traction if i launch at anything above 4000 rpm on street tires.. i just pop it... wen im at the tracks i have no traction all 6 gears down the track... i think my best time was 13.2 on street tires

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess my wheelhop problem was my tires. i tried my friends rims and tires 205/40/17 kuhmo's (i think its a all-season tire) and it didn't wheelhop one bit. the tires im running is 215/45/17 gforce kdw's

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have my stock front tranny mount with ESMM inserts. the rest of my mounts are Avid Racing 70a black powercoat:silly: waiting for them to release the front so i can get that thing in:up:

·
Registered
29 Posts
im thinking this is more towards the EM2 guys since the swap doesnt use the front mount..
shows how much i know about the EM2/EG/Ek civics...lol:silly: thanks for the clarification:up:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry, I voted for the front mount but i use it in the dc5.
I just bought an EM2 02 EX yesterday. lookin at my extra k24 in the corner.
i use 75a innovative in the rsx i have all 4.
no wheel hop, only when its wet.

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright, i just finished installing the innovative front mount and it cured all my wheelhop problems :D :dance:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.