Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Members!

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX (K24A4). Currently working on swapping a K24A (JDM) into the Accord. It's an easy drop-in. However, besides me needing to add wiring for reverse gear lockout since I'm going to use the TSX transmission, not sure about the EGR situation.

On the Accord K24A4, the EGR is on the cylinder head. The JDM K24A, identical to the K24A2, does NOT have an EGR. It's been too long since I've worked on these. Do I simply bypass the EGR completely and just disable it at the ECU? I'll be using Ktuner.

What do I do for the coolant passage hose coming from the Accord firewall if there is no EGR pipe to connect to on the cylinder head? Do I just cap the hose coming from the firewall?

Thanks!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little bump for some help 馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the help of other resources from other social channels, I was able to figure out my issue here. Looks like the K24A was just missing the coolant passage pipe that goes in the channel/hole underneath the EGR delete plate/housing. See below:

I couldn't easily pull that pipe out of the Accord's EGR housing because those look like they are pressed in so I simply just swapped the K24A EGR housing out and put in the Accord's EGR housing in without the actual EGR, which already has the coolant pipe. See below:

When I removed the EGR valve from the housing completely, I used the delete plate from the K24A onto the Accords EGR housing like this:

Gaskets for both the housing and the delete plate were in great shape so I reused them. All solved!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It also looks like the EGR can be bypassed on the tuning software too (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts