Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
The Professional
1,871 Posts
Gotcha thanks for the clarification. I'll be buying one once my OEM one hits around 20k miles.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It wasn't the material. A few of them had faulty internal check valves. It wouldn't allow the oil out which would then cause pressure inside to build and when the piston would get rammed in, the pressure would get so high that the housing would crack. All of those issues were addressed and the valves were changed a bit to prevent that from happening again.
good to know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. Just changed my 2nd oem tct in less than 2 months. Stock cams 94lb dual valve springs from supertech with titanium retainers. Teeth got blown out again in the middle of the piston. Is the general consensus to do go with the hybrid racing TCT? I know this oem one is going to blow out on me as well so i want to be ready this next time. Any information or questions is very welcome. Thank you for your time.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,148 Posts
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. Just changed my 2nd oem tct in less than 2 months. Stock cams 94lb dual valve springs from supertech with titanium retainers. Teeth got blown out again in the middle of the piston. Is the general consensus to do go with the hybrid racing TCT? I know this oem one is going to blow out on me as well so i want to be ready this next time. Any information or questions is very welcome. Thank you for your time.
welcome to k20a.org and thank you for registering.
what do you believe is the root of the problem to back to back oem tct failures?

what stock cams are you running? What was the reason for running Supertech 94lb valve spring with Ti retainers..larger cams...?

241 - 244 of 244 Posts