Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I couldnt fine anything on FD. I want to understand what the purpose of FD are. Does 5.0 FD mean you'll get more final speed? Does 4.3 mean you'll get higher rpms and longer gears but smaller final drive? I'm very ignorant right now on this subject. help?:confused:

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I couldnt fine anything on FD. I want to understand what the purpose of FD are. Does 5.0 FD mean you'll get more final speed? Does 4.3 mean you'll get higher rpms and longer gears but smaller final drive? I'm very ignorant right now on this subject. help?:confused:

It is the other way around.
The higher the number, the higher the FD, the higher the RPM of the transmission, but lower speed at the wheels.
Go to a lower FD, you will have a lower number, and a lower RPM at the same speed at the wheels.

Play around with the calculator in this thread. You can input your trans gearing, FD, Tire size and RPM to get your shift points :up:
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7317

All of the trans gear tables and FDs are located here. :up:
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6395

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man, I try to add to it whenever a good thread pops up.
As always, if anyone would like to see something added, even just a post, let me know. If it helped you, it will probably help others as well:up:
how about gd1 ecu wire diagram or how to install a hondata in a gd1 without using a jumper harness

·
Registered
10 Posts
is there anyone who has the wire diagram for the honda fit gd the one that's under the dash that plugs into the wireloom from the k20 engine harness

·
Registered
71 Posts
It should be mandatory for new members to favorite this thread or have it be the first availiable thread.

I cant even think of a question thats not covered somewhere in here, thanks alot I dont have to be the idiot asking questions! :coleman:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi all, i'm Chris. I'm new to this site.
I'm looking through all the DIY links for a link or post that explains the easiest/quickest way to remove the 2.0 engine from my 02 Acura RSX. I haven't found one yet.
I think i would have to pull the axles first, then, after disconnecting various hoses and wires it should be lifted up out the top. With trans still attached.
Am I right?
It still runs very well at idle, smooth and quiet. But it is Knocking down in the crank area with higher RPM. 2K+RPM.
I need to remove engine and take it apart so i can figure out what's wrong with it. I am on a very limited budget, so thats why i can only fix whatever is broken.
I dont think the problem is very serious. I pulled the valve cover and checked timing and valve lash etc using specs off of this site. that all seems to be ok. It's nice and clean in there too. I checked the screen behind the VTEC soleniod and, although it wasn't plugged, there WAS some little particles of gold and silver junk that looks like little gold pieces in a glass jar an old gold miner might have.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chris.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I feel like I have scoured the site and cannot find any faq or diy on what is needed as far as what vacuum lines are removed along with the charcoal box etc.
I have found multiple swap guides, but every guide or swap diy skips over those details.
Is there such a thing? any help is appreciated.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts