Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know the CL7 k20a has a different intake manifold than the DC5's.

Anyone else know any other differences for the engine? How about the transmission? I imagine the ECU would have to be different.

Specifically, I've been trying to figure out whether the Euro R Accord comes w/ LSD but all the enthusiast pages I've come across are all in Kanji. :?

In about a month come bonus time, I'll need to start shopping for a clip to swap into my EG so I figure I should stop lurking and start posting.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
I was talking about this with someone else. We believe that that the motor has a TSX head with different intake. As far as the block, it is probably a k20a block as the DC5 R.

here's the tranny

I am pretty sure it has LSD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k20a CL7 intake manifold

Thanks Nikos!

FYI everyone - At the recent LA Auto Show, I was talking w/ the owner of Prototype Racing and I noticed he did not have a normal looking DC5 intake mani for his k20a powered Elise.

He told me instead he was using the CL7's intake manifold because it made more hp and torque across the curve. He had to fabricate something for the throttle body to make it cable instead of drive by wire but he said it was no big deal to do that.

His opinion was that the DC5 manifold was designed for the space constained RSX while the CL7's had none of the constraints and was thus a better designed manifold.

Blessed those who are OEM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
part numbers?

anybody on this board have a k20a from a Euro Spec R?

Noob question - Since Nikos is guessing the CL7 k20a has a TSX head, what are the differences between a TSX head and k20a2 head ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.