Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if there are any differences between the TSX crank and the Accord cranks in the K24s. There is a huge price difference between the two and I need a K24 crank for a stroker motor that I'm building for an S2000.

Obviously, I know the stroke is the same for both but I'm curious if the TSX one is more balanced or something? It's much more expensive than the Accord one. Or maybe it's just part inflation based off of brand?

If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
they are all balanced, or else they would not be able to survice 200-300K miles on a stock honda car.. There is no real difference... the 2006+ tSx and RDX crank have a little bit more beef between the journals but it doesn;t really matter

·
Registered
674 Posts
they are all balanced, or else they would not be able to survice 200-300K miles on a stock honda car.. There is no real difference... the 2006+ tSx and RDX crank have a little bit more beef between the journals but it doesn;t really matter
Yes they are all balanced, but to different ranges of RPM, or maybe I just saw a couple of accord Cranks that were crooked.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The TSX crank is beefier, has different shape to the counterweights and balanced for the different weight pistons and rods for that engine, plus they have a coating of some sort, almost black(very dark grey).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So will I notice any difference in reliability between them? The motor will "only" be revving to about 8200.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I took a K24A1 and a K24A2 crank to the balance shop, the A2 crank had FAR less deflection at higher RPM's. Less deflection = stronger

·
Registered
171 Posts

Would the 06+ TSX crank still be usable in other K24 blocks if matched up with the right bearings?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is there anymore updated info on this thread that people could share for us noobs. There are so many sizes that people run these days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts