Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , i'm pretty new to the K-series

I was wondering what is the difference between these two harness ,

If i'm wright , I think the hybrid one use the crx engine harness and the rywire don't ,

I would like to hear from experiences , how difficult is it to wire everything

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
654 Posts
There is no way you can use the ef eng harness on a k swap, im sure there design is the same or close to mine. let me know if you need one:up: (dont worry, im sure the hybrid guys will chime in and say how superior all there products are):rolleyes:
-Ryan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they don't use the whole harness , they just need 2 connectors because ef chassis is old and part are harder to find ,

but when you swap a k20a , you remove the whole engine harness? I cant understand !?

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is no way you can use the ef eng harness on a k swap, im sure there design is the same or close to mine. let me know if you need one:up: (dont worry, im sure the hybrid guys will chime in and say how superior all there products are):rolleyes:
-Ryan
i can vouch for ryan one of the top notch wireing i've seen done you cant go wrong with any of his harness :up:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I used Rywire:up: Problem free!!! unless you get to moving the wiring around alot and then the wires brake off of the plug but, that was my fault. Solder and shrinkwrap fixed it though! :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dont know which is better but my reverse light did not work when I installed my harness from Rywire.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Rywire is a good harness but really my reverse was not working. After I spoke with them it was just a wire in the wrong pin.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Its happening now, I just need to get it all loaded onto the website. If you need something drop me an email and we can get started.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dont know which is better but my reverse light did not work when I installed my harness from Rywire.
EF Chassis have two different spots for reverse light wiring if I remember correctly so their harness changes slightly depending on your chassis trim (Si, HF, EX, DX).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Exactly Chris, they do differ on the dx chassis, 88 and 89 are in 1 place, 90-91 in another (green/blk wire)
Thats why it didnt work. I offer custom harnesses that are actually my own design, not stolen from me.:up:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts