Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any difference between the k24a2(tsx) and the k24a4(accord)?? The only difference I can see that the a2 has oil squirters and the a4 does'nt. Am I gonna wish I had the tsx bottom end vs the accord/crv? Any other differences? I plan to do a k24/k20 head combo. Thank you. :up: :up:

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
the bottom ends are pretty much the same except the oil squirters like you said. the only other difference is you can bolt a k20 head directly to a k24a1 or k24a2 block without having to change the pistons... if you use a k24a4 block you need to change the pistons to either stock tsx pistons, crv pistons or aftermarket. you can use the stock rods with any pistions you choose.

if you have the opportunity to get a tsx block for not much more then go for it.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
compression is higher on the tsx 10.5:1 ,crv is 9.6 or something and when mated witht he k20a2 head it is somewhere in between

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not to sure if this where i should be asking this question or not but i have a 2005 accord with a blown k24a4 engine with an auto tranny, and i was wondering if i would be able to just drop a 04-08 tsx engine in my accord while using the accord ecu. pretty much i want to know if its like a plug and go kind of job or if im going to have to change anything electronically. Also does it matter if the tsx engine is a jdm engine. And im planning on keeping my accord auto tranny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts