Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did You Know Hasport Only Suplies The Sub-harness For Your K Swap...i Could Have Sworn That It Was The Complete Harness They Send Out......for $350, I Think That's Fucked Up. I Waited Almost Two Weeks For My Harness To Start The Car...now I Need A Type S Harness....

If Anyone Has A Rsx Type S Harness For Sale Let Me Know....i Need It Badly.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Me, The Problem Is That They Don't Specify That On Their Website, Or Over The Phone....i Found Out When I Received It.....they Always Say "harness".....wouldn't That Make You Think It's Complete?

·
Registered
458 Posts
More reasearch, then you would have found out that its just a pnp harness. Don't worry man I also had to buy a type s engine harness as well, since my old one was destroyed. So you are gonna be looking at another $150+ for it. Good luck on the swap.................

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Ok, I am going to move this and lock it. I am positive it is not their fault.

Terminology.... People refer to motor, longblock, shortblock, powertrain and they don;t always mean the same thing... Same with harness. The engine harness, the pnp harness etc... What you refer to as a subharness, we normally refer to as the charging harness or pnp harness...

hasport sells parts to make the swap easier.. The engine harness should come with the engine or should be accounted for when putting an engine together.

Before you buy the hasport mounts you can download the directions or when you buy the mounts, the directions are inlcluded in the box. In there, it says clearly the K series engine harness should be attached to the motor before dropped in the car.

I am sorry but this is the second time I read your post.. Not sure if it was here or honda tech or wherever... BUT THIS IS 100% YOUR FAULT. WHAT DID YOU THINK< THE MOTOR WILL RUN WITHOUT AN ENGINE HARNESS? WHAT ABOUT THE SPARK PLUGS? SHOULD THOSE BE INCLUDED TOO?

sorry if I come off as a jerk but I am not.. What you are complaining about here, is on you.. that is all...

If I order parts to built my own computer and when everyhting comes in, I am missing a case, I am not going to flame Newegg.com but myself. Hasport is not selling a complete Kit that includes everything. They also assume common sense.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
a subharness can by any harness that can be pluggd or unplugged from a bigger longer harness. Whne peeople refer to it, they can be meaning anything... So ask which one. The chargnh harness is a subharness of the main engine harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.