Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the egk1 mounts installes in my car already and the motor sitting on the flow with a 2005 harness on it and the plug at the end of the harness cut off, so i may need a new harness anyway. i still wanna know if i should order a 2005 harness or a 2004? oh also IS IT TRUE THAT THE 2002 CIVIC SI AXLES BOLT RIGHT UP TO THE EG K-SERIES SWAP WITH NO MODS???? need my car running asap. all info would be great. thanx.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For your axles check out this site, it has a do-it-yourself axle how to for the EG.
http://www.theksource.com/news/04/how-to-make-your-own-axles-for-eg-k-hybrids/
What car are you putting the Z1 into? I have a Z1 in my EK and i used everything from the 05, except the ECU, I just bought the K-pro and the jumper harness, i know the vehicle speed sensor uses a different signal, but the k-pro can convert the signal so it will work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im putting the k20z1 motor in a 93 ex coupe, so the Karcepts shifter box cant work with the 05 shifter cables right? should i get 04 cables then, what harness should i use because the harness i have got the ends that gos to the fire wall cut off, so should i go 04 harness and 04 ECU or order a 05 harness with the jumper cable and 04 ECU wich way is cheaper or easyer.thanx

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
jayberg00 said:
im putting the k20z1 motor in a 93 ex coupe, so the Karcepts shifter box cant work with the 05 shifter cables right? should i get 04 cables then
The only difference in the 05 cables are the extra metal pieces (dampers maybe?) attached to the cables near the shifter box side shown below, which can be removed. If you don't want to have to modify anything, just get 02-04 cables. RSX-S and RSX base 02-04 cables are identical. 02-05 shifter boxes will all work. The 02-04 cables will still attach and function identically w/ an 05 tranny as there are no differences on the tranny side.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have done it to my hatch 96ek.i put a k20z1 motor,but used an 03 type S harness and tranny and shifter it running great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.