Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you sure about that? The 97 del Sol is OBD II not OBD I like the pre-96's. I know in some other swaps that causes problems. I don't know enough about K20's to say for certain in this case though.

By the way, you have any pics of your sol?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Mount kit and axles would be the same as well as everything else just have to modify your factory dash harness a little ground a few wires combine a few wires etc...Its different for OBD1 w Kpro vs OBD1 w type R ecu and the same goes for OBD2...

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Yes, it is very simple. For example with the hybrid racing harness, the instruction say

1. For OBD II a vehicles using the K-Pro ECU: Connect A15 to A18 and then connect A12 to A16. Ground pins A9 and A10.
2. For OBD II a vehicles using the JDM ECU: Connect A12 to A16 and then connect A15 to A18. Ground pins A9, A10, and A16.
3. For OBD II b vehicles using the K-Pro ECU: Connect A6 to A18 and then connect A15 to B23. Ground pins B2 and B20.
4. For OBD II b vehicles using the JDM ECU: Connect A6 to A18 and then A30 to B23. Ground pins A15, B2 and B20.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah ive seen that picture before. it was part of what inspired me to try and do the swap. i just need to get some more money now. thanks for all the help. and as for a picture of my sol its just a stock white 97. nothing too special. im just getting sick of the d16y7...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could be worse. I've got a D15!! 103HP BABY!!! Yikes! Course I also have a B16 for those days when I just can't take it anymore... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i got 125hp with my d16z6..... the only reason why my car has 125 becuase of the vtec...and i dont ever feel it kicking

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how much does a SOL weigh compared to a CX eg?

·
Registered
381 Posts
c_buz said:
Just out of curiosity, how much does a SOL weigh compared to a CX eg?
heavy as shit.. mine was 2390 with me in it with no ac no ps

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes... hella heavy.. people just dont kno how heavy it is.. since its a t top it has to be reinforced... and yea mines nearly umm 2800lbs or so hah.. forgot...
93 del Sol si ac,ps

·
Registered
741 Posts
if everything else is the same as the EG swap and having looked at Hasport's site, the axles are the same for both cars, then I guess the hybrid axle setup with the b-k-k-k-b combo will work as well. I feel dumb for even asking that but I have to make sure. can someone please confirm that the hybrid axle setup for the EG will work on a Sol. TY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.