Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i ordered some brand new stage 0 axles from DSS about two weeks ago. They get here last friday. I put them on tonight on my stock k20a2. I start my car up in the garage (first time driving it) and put it in reverse. I start to roll down my driveway and i stall out. (keep in mind i have a brand new exedy twin disk clutch). I haven't really got a feel for the clutch yet. As i stall out i noticed my car just sinks and i here this crazy noise. I get out to find this:wow:

I'm no rocket science but it seems that the problem is the axle is a little to short. I call up my friend who has a EG-K aswell who has ebay axles and he starts to make fun of me telling me that was a waste of 400.00...My friend with ebay axles is on spray and his are doing just fine but i can't even roll out of my garage without breaking an axle. :mad:

Driveway:

How the car sits now:

Keep in mind i don't even have any brakes at the moment(besides ebrake) because my steel braided lines/fittings/unions havent even came in. I didn't even go more then 1mph and this axle falls apart

What should i do?
I called DSS but they're already closed
Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
yups! something weird is wrong maybe was defective hard to say.. :up:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yups! something weird is wrong maybe was defective hard to say.. :up:
That is correct. They also sent me axles with no axle nuts! pay 400 for axles and you get no axles nuts lmao:down: When the axles got here with no nuts i called them and was like uhh how are the axles supposed to stay in place with no hardware. They said stage 0 don't come with axle nuts.But they sent some out though lol.Now i can't get to work because i have no form of transportation:mad:

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
u paid 400 for stage 0 axles?

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
well. 397.21. That's how much they go for on dss.com

they are less then 200 here on this website. you need to look for deals in the for sale section. I had problems with dss axles I had the 2.9set. they often make noise just search for dss you will see..:up:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are less then 200 here on this website. you need to look for deals in the for sale section. I had problems with dss axles I had the 2.9set. they often make noise just search for dss you will see..:up:
where do you see them for 200 brand new?

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Call them up DSS will fix the problem. :up:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts