Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have narrowed down my choices for a new IM to either a DC5r IM or a new RBC IM. Does anyone have experience with these IMs on a K20A3? Is there a noticeable difference between the two? Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
generally pointless without k-pro and cams. I have a PRC sitting in the trunk of my ep3 waiting for when I have the cash to purchase some cams and an a1 head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
generally pointless without k-pro and cams. I have a PRC sitting in the trunk of my ep3 waiting for when I have the cash to purchase some cams and an a1 head.
KPro and Cams are on the "to do" list. Does anyone have any experience with the two of these IMs?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, we have. PRC will yield a little more top end power than standard PRB, while RBC proves to be the winner in midrande and top end, of all honda manifolds.

So, RBC is the way 2 go!

·
Registered
318 Posts
You will need a karcepts adapter I believe for it to run on the a3 and in the ep3 you will have to cut some of the upper radiator support brace. If you are sticking with the a3, then I would suggest picking up a cheap a1 head since it outflows our a3 one by a lot.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yes, we have. PRC will yield a little more top end power than standard PRB, while RBC proves to be the winner in midrande and top end, of all honda manifolds.

So, RBC is the way 2 go!

Not with a basically stock A3, it has been shown to make significantly less power in the low and mid range with VERY MINOR gains up top when the RBC is swapped on.

Adding a RBC mani to the EP3 chassis will require you to cut and trim the rad support.

I would go with the PRC, if you decide on a set of cams. The stage3 cams for the A3 are approx the same size as the stock big lobe on the A2. The A3 is a very limited engine when N/A, as it is intended as a economy engine, not one for performance.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Not with a basically stock A3, it has been shown to make significantly less power in the low and mid range with VERY MINOR gains up top when the RBC is swapped on.

Adding a RBC mani to the EP3 chassis will require you to cut and trim the rad support.

I would go with the PRC, if you decide on a set of cams. The stage3 cams for the A3 are approx the same size as the stock big lobe on the A2. The A3 is a very limited engine when N/A, as it is intended as a economy engine, not one for performance.
x2

·
Registered
267 Posts

disagree. rbc is very very noticable gains on the a3. dabert07 on crsx got a gain of 20hp from the rbc across the powerband, tuned by st00pid.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I have seen three K20A3's that had the RBC put on and fully tuned and it only showed gains up top at WOT, and there was drivability issues at part throttle, but if that is the way you want to go then jump on it and post up your dyno runs when you get done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts