Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I was wanting to know if Y2m3 was solely the tranny code for a type R tranny. Is it the jdm type R tranny w/lsd

thanks Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks just picked up a fresh one for $1100.00 just wanted to be 100% that it was official.

$1100?!!!!
Damn, I'm getting ripped off for buying one at $1350!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
$1100?!!!!
Damn, I'm getting ripped off for buying one at $1350!!!
actually you're not.

1100 is a steal, IF in good condition, since good k20a2/k20z1 transmissions can go for anywhere between 750-900.

considering an OEM LSD is near impossible to find used, plus the labor to get it installed, plus the resale value of the k20a transmission is still better than the k20a2/k20z1, your transmission is still a really good deal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured as much when i saw it the kid thought it was a type S tranny, 2003 with 20k miles fresh in a boxed wooden crate like it came from overseas. I saw the Y2m3 sticker and almost pissed in my pants. bought it the next day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I figured as much when i saw it the kid thought it was a type S tranny, 2003 with 20k miles fresh in a boxed wooden crate like it came from overseas. I saw the Y2m3 sticker and almost pissed in my pants. bought it the next day.
just becauze it has a type-r case&sticker dosent mean it's 100% a R tranny best way would be to open it and see

sometimes wen the deal is to good to be true it's because you got scammed just a tought

·
Registered
7 Posts
hole? whatd do you see in the hole.
LOL. When you look through the hole where the axles go, it should be free of any obstructions, meaning that you should see nothing but the other side of the hole. If you have a bar in between then my friend you do NOT have LSD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not see anything but the other side I thought he was maybe talking about a marking or something:eek: sorry.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I did not see anything but the other side I thought he was maybe talking about a marking or something:eek: sorry.
it's cool no need to apologize to us..

that is why we all ask questions, so we can learn from each other.

i think the only reason why we laugh is because we were once in your shoes, nothing personal :up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts