Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to swap the brakes from a dc5 integra type r on to my eg but i was wondering what other parts would i need becides the brembo rotors and calpers...

·
Registered
363 Posts
It wont work budy sorry, you can interchange the parts between rsx & ep3 , but for ek nope, ek you can take the part of the dc2.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn dat sucks .. i really wanted to usa that setup 2 .. so wat i got from reading is dat i can get my brake setup from a dc2 type r to work on my eg??
are the dc2 type r brakes also brembo?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted the same thread on h-t n they said it could be done with these parts

You will need to machine the rotors to 4x100, unless you converted to 5 lug.
You will need ex/si/abs/integra knuckles, unless you have one of those.
You will WANT a 15/16" or 1" master cylinder from an abs civic or integra.
You may need some 5mm wheel spacers, depending on application.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
529 Posts
EG6K24R said:
damn dat sucks .. i really wanted to usa that setup 2 .. so wat i got from reading is dat i can get my brake setup from a dc2 type r to work on my eg??
yea the eg and dc2 are pretty much the same chassis i believe the type r brakes are made by nissin i'm pretty sure preludes also use these same brakes i don't know if you can swap the prelude brakes onto an eg but if you can they might be a little easier to find than the type r

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
EG6K24R said:
First of all type like a normal person because you're writing is atrocious to read.

Second, i believe it could be done, but for what purpose? You're going to spend around 500 at least with parts then machining.
Why not just go buy some LS/RS/GS/GSR brakes and call it a day. You can even just buy teg rears for 200 and get the RS booster/ pro por. valve and have no headaches.
Why go through all this trouble? The eg's are light, you don't need brakes that were made for a 2800lb car on an eg, especially when it requires so much effort...

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
I am not a brake expert but in my opinion, the guy who answered your thread on honda tech, is thinkinkg b series type r, not K series...

I am sure it can be done with a lot of modification but not worth it. The dc5 r brakes vs the eg hubs are night and day.. It will not fit.. Machine the rotors to 4 x 100? Not sure if I would go that route.. Get wilwood/fastbrakes set instead. Most people that are saying no, are assuming that you would want to also swap the suspension with the brakes.. at least that is what I first thought when reading your thread.. Either way, just get some brembos for your car if you can afford it and you want that look

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you still want to go for the Brembo DC5R setup into your EG, the biggest prob will me having to order custom bracket that can fit your current ( or upcoming ) EG brakes setup. It'll costs you a lot of money, and most probably cannot fit 15 inch wheels as well, maybe 16's can fit though. These Brembo's from DC5R doesn't lock up as easy as Spoon's ( so you have easier time modulating the brakes, expecially for daily use ). But I have a lot of pals running Spoon calipers ( and their cars are on the city roads in the weekdays, and spent the weekend evening over at Sepang F1 Circuit ), they told me you just need to learn the brakes ( how much to press the pedal bfr the caliper locks up etc ).

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Dza said:
First of all type like a normal person because you're writing is atrocious to read.

Second, i believe it could be done, but for what purpose? You're going to spend around 500 at least with parts then machining.
Why not just go buy some LS/RS/GS/GSR brakes and call it a day. You can even just buy teg rears for 200 and get the RS booster/ pro por. valve and have no headaches.
Why go through all this trouble? The eg's are light, you don't need brakes that were made for a 2800lb car on an eg, especially when it requires so much effort...
I agree with you, just do a rear disc conversion. You will spend so much on just a dc2 ITR 5 lug converion, propably more than what you bought your car for. SUre, ANYTHING can be done for the RIGHT AMOUNT OF MONEY! But do you really wanna drop down 1200 bucks for breaks when a $150 rear disc swap with some brembo blanks, and OE pads would do you just fine?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Believe me with my experience i had a delsol 93 si, i bought all of suspension of the Dc2 type-r 2001, everything has fit, brake,calipers,hub,bearing,table, etc... perfect, but for the brembo dc5 it wont fit on your car, rsx & ep3 like i says can be interchange

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all your input and u guys/girls are right i dont need to upgrade my breaks that much for a car that so light ..im probably just gonna go with the rear disc conversion and upgrade the setup as my modification list gets longer and the need to stop increases ...one again thanks guy/girl:up:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Exactly. Buy some teg rears but don't let anybody try to sell you GSR brakes for more. ALL TEG BRAKES ARE THE SAME!!! save for the type R.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've done many brake swaps, but haven't run across this one yet. But I am doing some RSX spoon calipers on my boys right hand drive 96 type r... Wounder if the setups kinda the same... But anything is possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Considering the level of custom fab work required, your best bet is to do a hub swap to a 5-lug setup...if you desire 5 over 4. Then, invest in a Brembo Big Brake Kit for the front and upgrade the rears as well...you will need to invest in 5 lug rotors though, as they will not come in the kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a type-s and I used to try to swap a type-r brembo brake. but if i do that, i have to change the lower control arms. it really costs money, also the type-r brake is only fit the rim which is 17 and bigger

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is definitely possible only way it’s worth it is if you purchased a whole type s parts car 02-06. Which imo is the only cost efficient way to do a k swap. Keep what you need and sell the rest. You will need master cylinder/ booster caliper/brackets and hoses. front and rear e brake cables and very important front and rear hubs . the only issue is the prop valve without getting into the infamous eg prop valve theory and controversy. you can use the 92-95 one or a 02-06 Acura rsx type s Canadian market only prop valve because there production has no abs prop valve or any 01-05 civic with no abs prop valve will work any of the 3 options listed will work great. You will need the rsx type s front and rear hubs I sold the oem type s spindles complete because they are highly sought after and only useful to us for the hubs 36mm I then purchased my own hubs from the sale along with the oem ns2k hubs oem part number#44300-S84-A02 that come factory in the rsx. I pressed them into my front spindles that I removed from a 97-01 Honda CR-V and that is complete for the front the rest is just bolt on and an alignment.For the rears I used Integra rear spindles and the rsx hubs and the calipers and brackets bolt on you will also use the rsx e brake cables you will now be able to use the rsx brake rotors front and rear and everything will now work as designed no spacers or mis matching nuts this is the right way if you are willing to do the work you will reap the reward. hope this helps anybody looking for a straight first person answer not copy and pasted non sense or heated controversy over nothing pertaining to the original question good luck and keep building.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts