Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have just purchased a whiteline sway bar kit. The back fitted just fine but the front is away out from the pick up drop link points. It's an 06 dc5. Is there a difference in say an 04 to 06 in the sway bars. See pics

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
'02-'06 DC5 all use the same sway bar. Same sway bar is used in the 7th gen Civic as well. It's hard to tell but from the picture the sway bar looks completely different than the stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been read g there is a diff in some of these just can't confirm it yet if u change the control arm from earlier to newer. Still trying to find out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
After a little more research I found there are some differences. In US models the '05-'06 Type S have larger ball joints making the control arms different. All other US models use the same or compatible control arms. There are differences in sway bars as well but it's just a size difference, the bar and mounting brackets/bushings can be swapped.

The control arms and sway bar is different for all years of the Type R though. Maybe this is your issue. We don't have them in the US but I found the thread below on another forum which goes into some detail.

01-05 ES1/EM2/EP3/DC5 SUSPENSION COMPATIBILITY (Author: Mindbomb) - Honda Civic Forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts