Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car done....it took me about 9 months to get to this point from receiving the Front Clip by boat and swaping the K20A motor, DC5 5 Lug Conversion, DC5 Brembo brakes, DC5 Steering Wheel & Shift Knob Bride Brix II seats, and finally the championship white paint job.....Im currently thinking about swaping into a K24...dont know if i should yet but before anything im planning on geting HOndata's fully programmable ECU....im still running the JDM ECU and it suck....has a speed governer that cuts me off at 115mph....

Well im trying to stick to the whole JDM Type-R theme so I dont want to do any body work or put on any crazy ass kits....so dont recommend any body work but im open to hear some suggestions on the engine set up?

Peace

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
junspec said:
Im currently thinking about swaping into a K24
Alot of work, and so far from what I've seen not whats expected of it.

I drive a 4dr 02 daily. Pssst : remember you have a civic not an rsx.

I hope an R sticker doesnt end of on there. :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very very nice... great job on all that work... :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is awesome. This is exactly what I want to do with my EM2 civic. I know there are some hasport guys part of this forum...can you guys let me know what to do? I have an automatic EM2 civic and if I'm not mistaken, you guys did the swap for an automatic EM2/EM1. I know about all the main parts for the swap, but I was wondering, what you did with the center console. Would a DC5 center console fit? Would an OEM DC5 peddle setup work? Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
DOHCVtecNut said:
I know there are some hasport guys part of this forum...can you guys let me know what to do? ..... what you did with the center console. Would a DC5 center console fit? Would an OEM DC5 peddle setup work? Thanks.
We used the 5 speed shift boot for EM. It bolts right in to the console. We used an RSX shift mechanism. And we used a DC5 clutch pedal assembly, master cylinder, resevoir and lines.

brian g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have the suspension components for the rear and front of the Type R on your Car, atleast before you put the Teins. What was the wheel gap before you changed to teins?

I've seen a dude with a k20a2, and he has the suspension components from the rsx Type S, and his ride height is curently much higher than the civic ride height.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
brian g said:
DOHCVtecNut said:
I know there are some hasport guys part of this forum...can you guys let me know what to do? ..... what you did with the center console. Would a DC5 center console fit? Would an OEM DC5 peddle setup work? Thanks.
We used the 5 speed shift boot for EM. It bolts right in to the console. We used an RSX shift mechanism. And we used a DC5 clutch pedal assembly, master cylinder, resevoir and lines.

brian g
Can a civic master cylinder work instead of a rsx one?

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
nindoo said:
Did you have the suspension components for the rear and front of the Type R on your Car, atleast before you put the Teins. What was the wheel gap before you changed to teins?

I've seen a dude with a k20a2, and he has the suspension components from the rsx Type S, and his ride height is curently much higher than the civic ride height.

That would have to be Hawk... is the civic Red?

·
Registered
20 Posts
are you gutted in the back there? Looks like the passenger side rear inner pannel is gone? Car looks very nice btw., swap is very clean.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts