Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Integra GS with K2X swap
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a few posts here about this swap and just wanted to share my successful build. Thanks to some of the guys here at k20a.org for answering alot of my questions to help me get my swap done right. Sorry I forgot some of the members’ names.

Here is a list of my setup:
On 93 pump gas

-engine
k24z3 block(tsx)

k20z1 head
K24z3 oem head studs
0.03” cometic head gasket (k24a2)

2010 tsx intake cams
2010 tsx 50 degree vtc
Rbc intake manifold (70mm tb port match)
Ported oil pump (rsx-s)

Hondata Kpro v4
3.5” CAI w/velocity stack
Ktuned tucked harness
Ktuned ram headers
Rbc intake manifold
Ktuned 70mm tb/no iacv

Ktuned HE tps (02-04 rsx-s)
Stock map sensor
Aem 340lph fuel pump
Ktuned fuel rail
RDX injectors 410cc
Ktuned inline fuel filter
Ktuned fuel regulator w/gauge
3” exhaust pipe
Ktuned universal muffler 3”
Ktuned alt relocate kit
Hybrid racing heater plug
Tucked radiator w/dual fans
No a/c
K24z3 timing chain cover w/modified crank position sensor

-tranny
06 Rsx-s tranny w/04 vss tapped
Oem civic si lsd
Stage 2 competition clutch
ACT 11.4 lb flywheel
Insane shafts 500hp axles
Hybrid racing detent springs
Hybrid racing shift selector springs
Hybrid racing no cut shifter
S2000 clutch m/c
Ktuned shifter cables

-suspension
Ktuned front camber kit
Buddy club rear camber kit
Hardrace rear trailing arm bushing
Ktuned traction bar
Buddy club extended ball joints
Buddy club sport spec coilovers 20 way adj
Full Energy suspension control arm bushings

-chassis
2001 integra gs automatic shell
Shaved engine bay
Hasport mounts
Brake booster delete
Wilwood brake m/c
Civic eg manual steering rack
16” slipstreams
R888 225/55/16 front
Yokohama advan a048 rear

-required modifications
Rsx oil filter housing relocate

I had to block off the original k24z oil filter housing to fit half shaft

As mentioned before i had to mount the crank position sensor to the k24z timing chain cover. cant use the k20 valve cover.

Drilled and tap a hole for crv mount

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
Is the 2010 intake cam larger than previous years ? That’s pretty cool knowing they fit and work with the older cylinder heads and I’m assuming the VTC is interchangeable to the older cams as well?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Its running on a basemap for now. Shoutout to Xenocron.com for the custom basemap. not tuned yet but i will post results when i do.

according to my research the cams and vtc were interchangeable, i guess this proves that theory. But i have read alot about 2010 intake cams were better than k24a2 and vice versa. I cant say which is better but would like to see results to clear this debate. I will share results with this setup once tuned.

as far as how the engine runs, initially i set the rev limit to 8800 rpm as i was not aware (at that time) stock was rev limit for usdm k20z1 was set to ~8300 lol so i lowered it down to 8300 and my motor definitely wanted more, but ill let my tuner deal with that peak. The motor runs like a beast with all these stock parts tho. It doesn’t say no at all. First gear can’t catch traction on full throttle with the r888’s. Vtec pops loud but you can feel the torque follow through aggressively. I cant wait to tune.

The only problem which is keeping me from tuning is tranny problem. For some reason i cant shift into second in high rpm. Ive tried everything non-invasive (to the tranny) so im about to take the tranny apart if i cant find the culprit. this never happened until i put in the k24 block so Im assuming that my tranny is not the issue. If anyone can shed some light on my issue that would b great also.

thanks for the feedback everyone! Ill keep u guys posted with dyno results

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
Its running on a basemap for now. Shoutout to Xenocron.com for the custom basemap. not tuned yet but i will post results when i do.

according to my research the cams and vtc were interchangeable, i guess this proves that theory. But i have read alot about 2010 intake cams were better than k24a2 and vice versa. I cant say which is better but would like to see results to clear this debate. I will share results with this setup once tuned.

as far as how the engine runs, initially i set the rev limit to 8800 rpm as i was not aware (at that time) stock was rev limit for usdm k20z1 was set to ~8300 lol so i lowered it down to 8300 and my motor definitely wanted more, but ill let my tuner deal with that peak. The motor runs like a beast with all these stock parts tho. It doesn’t say no at all. First gear can’t catch traction on full throttle with the r888’s. Vtec pops loud but you can feel the torque follow through aggressively. I cant wait to tune.

The only problem which is keeping me from tuning is tranny problem. For some reason i cant shift into second in high rpm. Ive tried everything non-invasive (to the tranny) so im about to take the tranny apart if i cant find the culprit. this never happened until i put in the k24 block so Im assuming that my tranny is not the issue. If anyone can shed some light on my issue that would b great also.

thanks for the feedback everyone! Ill keep u guys posted with dyno results
Wow taking the 2.4 way up there 8800 stock block 😮 thats good it runs hard, nothing better than putting together a setup that works well and makes you happy on the street. One thing to check with your shifting issue is the see if the selector has hit the bell housing enough to make any visible marks in it. Put it in second with it off and check how much clearance you have , the cables could be stretched or your slave cylinder could need replaced. I also had problems going into second hard on an old car of mine , ended up being the shifter cable bushings (upgraded to k tuned billet and that solved it )

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
Wow taking the 2.4 way up there 8800 stock block 😮 thats good it runs hard, nothing better than putting together a setup that works well and makes you happy on the street. One thing to check with your shifting issue is the see if the selector has hit the bell housing enough to make any visible marks in it. Put it in second with it off and check how much clearance you have , the cables could be stretched or your slave cylinder could need replaced. I also had problems going into second hard on an old car of mine , ended up being the shifter cable bushings (upgraded to k tuned billet and that solved it )
Have you checked the shift selector out ? You can get a nice look at the inside of the gearbox with it removed as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you checked the shift selector out ? You can get a nice look at the inside of the gearbox with it removed as well.
I didnt look at that, but I did replace my shift selector with oem. the old one was worn down, but I did look at my shift forks and they did not look worn out. Is the shift selector supposed to hit the housing? I would have to try this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have a picture of your oil filter setup by chance ? Or a link to the parts used to complete the job.
The oil setup is just like any other k20/24 setup. the difference is k24z has the oil filter coming from where the half shafts goes. im not sure if civic si engine (k24z7) is in the same location. I blocked it off with a plate and used some hondabond to seal it.

i can try to post the link later when i find the thread but here are some pix of the oil filter assembly
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle White Light Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine tool Gas Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts