Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my name is Greg, and a couple of years ago I purchased a ‘96 ITR shell. I was planning on doing restoration on it but it quickly became a headache when I found out the floor pan was pretty much rusted out. About that same time, I came across a silver ‘96 SIR that was in much better condition. I purchased it and within a couple weeks, it arrived at my place of work. We then got it towed to my house and sat it on jack stands for its re-build.

96 itr shell floorpan rusted

couple weeks after purchasing it arrive!

car didn't came with a cd player, found a carrozzeria double din

for a while i was just buying parts that i need. while i search for the engine and trans
got bored for a while so i started to clean the headlights and buffing them out.

finally got and engine and trans, engine came out of 02RSXTypeS and trans is out of a Civci Si, both had around the 70,xxx miles

wasn't a big fan of the front bumper the car came with. which i believe it was
a hershey bumper. so i got a regular dc2 front bumper with lip

pick up a set of TWM ITB'S. Which i really like how they look

started working on the radiator for the car i wanted to tuck the radiator, but with out cutting the front radiator support. Got a GRIFFIN radiator which had to be modified with -16 AN fittings, and pick up some -16 fittings for a buddy of mine that was selling his, olso sent out my upper coolant neck to speedfactory
to get the filler cap and -16 fitting weld, really good work they did on it

hears the final setup on the radiator setup,and threw on the SoHonda valve cover on

installed my no mane brand header, which i was told that it was skunk2
Pick up a Spoon N1 axle back which is in really good condition
For the stoping power i'm going with ITR front calipers with 11" inch mini copper rotors
Got more parts from HybirdRacing fuel pump and speed convertor
Pile of parts need to be put on once the engine comes out, after the exhaust is done

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Gl with build!

Fix your camera all the pics look bad:blur:

Not sure if that's intentional or your settings are off.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my knuckles and forks POR-15, pressed in new wheel bearing's and installed Karcepts hubs. I went head and installed the rotors and caliper's

·
Swag Champ
9,368 Posts
Got my eyes on this, great start :) :up:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spent most of Saturday wire wheeling my subframe and front lower control arm's, hopefully i can get it sent out this week for powder coating.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Will be keeping an eye on this! looking at that subframe is giving me a headache as i have to do that within the next few weeks also Lol.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my clutch in today. slightly used comp clutch stage 2, got a really good
deal on it. Thanks to the guy's at autofair honda. Also finish my axles, swap the inner cv joint per the karcepts instructions

Removed the rear trailing-arm tonight, by-far the easiest rear suspension removal.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my front lower control arm's POR-15 and replaced the bushings with energy
suspension. also got my function7 rear lower control arms.

Finish removing the gas tank/lines and rear brake lines. Started to prep the underneath for POR-15 in grey.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So i started to POR-15 the trailing arms but didn't like how they came out, so i decided to strip them down to bare metal to get them powder coated this week.
But the rear spindle came out pretty good.
As for the underneath of the car i got the first coat of POR-15 in gray done.
Since i had the gas tank out, i scuff it and sprayed rust oleum semi gloss.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my trailing arms back from power coating, and also got my suspension bolts and hardware from being zinc coated.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Painted and installed the new zinc hardware on the rear caliper's

Machine the rear rotors and painted them in black

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.