Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i had the jdm 5 lug conversion and wanted to do a k series swap, would i use the same axles that are used in the normal 4 lug suspension integra k series swap?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have a 95 hatch with 5lug conversion and im using the hasport civic/k20 axles, axles are differnt from b series so i would get the hasport's there made for the swap and there really nice axles , anything hasport kicks ass!

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
6spd EG said:
i have a 95 hatch with 5lug conversion and im using the hasport civic/k20 axles, axles are differnt from b series so i would get the hasport's there made for the swap and there really nice axles , anything hasport kicks ass!
i heard that the 5 lug runs a 36mm axle nut, which is the same as the rsx so you can use stock k20 axles.

oh yeah i have broken both stage 1 and stage 2 hasport axles, which are supposed to be rated at 200(stg1) 400(stg2), i hear stock is working out best for people.

·
Registered
122 Posts
allmtrallday said:
fasterthenU said:
you can not use the rsx axles on both sides, the pass side you can use if you have the typeR sus. but the drivers side you need to make the axle.. OEM is much betetr...
yeah, so you cant run dc5 axles on the drivers side>?
you can still use the axle but you have to change out the shaft to dc2

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
taqman15 said:
allmtrallday said:
fasterthenU said:
you can not use the rsx axles on both sides, the pass side you can use if you have the typeR sus. but the drivers side you need to make the axle.. OEM is much betetr...
yeah, so you cant run dc5 axles on the drivers side>?
you can still use the axle but you have to change out the shaft to dc2
ok. gotcha. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you guys saying that i could use the dc2 shaft and dc5 axel nut? i didn't know you could change the axel nut on the whole axel. Is it pretty hard to do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.