Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some info on the DC sports "swap header".

In the testing we have done it is clear that the Rcrew/SSR/ect headers just don't make good power with the k20a3. The CT engineering TSX header made 6whp more peak and 5ft/tq more peak, then the Rcrew plus a bunch more every were else in the graph.

The only issue here is the the CT engineering header isn't designed for a Civic/integra with a k20, so it hangs fairly low.

Looking at all of the headers, the only one that looks similar to the CT engineering TSX header is the DC sports swap header, but im curious if some one has one laying around that they could give me some dimension on.

If the header seems comparable Ill buy one and do some testing.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
because we also tested the DC sports header on a k20a2 motor with IPS cams vs the SSR header and there is no way that the DC will make more power..

but I am thiking in your motor because it is not making a lot of power, the DC might have an advantage due to the restrictive diameter on the piping and the higher airflow velocity

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
because we also tested the DC sports header on a k20a2 motor with IPS cams vs the SSR header and there is no way that the DC will make more power..

but I am thiking in your motor because it is not making a lot of power, the DC might have an advantage due to the restrictive diameter on the piping and the higher airflow velocity
Exactly..

I have already determined that to be true...

The CT engineering header is TINY compared to the SSR/rcew/ect headers.

I have heard that the DC is bigger then the CT engineering header and so i was wondering what the exact differences are...

If they are huge i don't want to waste my money, if they are small then i will buy one and test it. And see if it can do what the CT engineering header does.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Took some measurements on my dc swap header

Pri length : 14"
Pri Circumference : 5-1/8" (1.63" diameter)

Sec Length: 14"
Sec Circumference : 6" (1.91" diameter)

Merge Length: 8"
Merge Circumference: 7-5/8" (2.43" diameter)

The merge circumference was measured before the flex pipe section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.