Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a full size rsx mishimoto radiator i will be using in my dc. today i went to mock it up, and i already knew ahead of time that it wouldnt fit perfect as i heard from others.....well the bottoms line up perfectly, the tops dont, but also even though the bottoms line up perfect their too high cause it makes the radiator cap sit so high that it touches the hood when closed. the hood still closes and its not pressing on the radiator or anything, they just touch. so i was wondering what you other dc owners did that are running full size radiators? i would guess to lower the two bottom brackets, but how much? and then what do i do for top brackets cause then they wont reach low enough to secure the top pegs on the radiator? any help is appreciated:up:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sure the rad is fully seated in the bottom brackets.
it should fit
yea i just got to looking at some pics in the k swaped dc pic thread, and i noticed anyone with a full size looked like mine did today, and they only used the left radiator stay on top

·
Registered
3 Posts
im running that rad in my setup as well it fit pretty well... after a year i noticed a small puncture near the top of one of the cooling fans, should patch it up this weekend.

its a great size keeps my coolant cool during the 110+ F summers:up::up:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is mine.. not sure why you having that issue.

yea ill have to take a pic....but you see how on yours the neck underneath the radiator cap hits about midway (along the length of the neck) on the frame......well mine hits to where the frame is underneath that neck.....you get what im saying....i was gonna cut about half of the rubber off of the bottom stops, but then i figured it would go too low to where my top radiator stay would not be able to hold it:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts