Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I was looked out of my old profile, I went ahead and created a new for my new project... I'm gonna start from the beginning and I'll space the posts out a little because the car is actually done at this point but I never really got to share the build...

Here's the pics when we first got started...
The car was an original 01 gsr shell that had been previously k swapped but the motor let go so the owner sold it.
The day I picked it up I had someone interested in the oem front end and wanted to trade their jdm hid front end so we went ahead and made the swap..
Once I got the car home, I realized what a disaster the engine bay was. Whoever decided to attempt the shaven bay failed miserably. There was so much bondo in the bay that it was literally flaking off in chunks. Where the drivers mount is, there's was news paper shoved in the hole to act as filler... It was far worse than I imagined.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So began the process of trying to save the bay. Unfortunately it was so bad that there was no way possible to bring it back to oem form, so I went ahead and decided to do a mild shave, the right way. I don't have any pics of the welding, but rest assured, every hole that was filled was welded and the least amount of filler possible was used.

While we were there, we went ahead and dropped the subframe and replaced it with a fresh painted piece and a manual rack.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts