Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just picked up an EJ1 (92) with a K swap, and I noticed the header is bumping against something during shifting or bumpy roads.

Looked under the hood and it seems the flange is hitting something. It's a DC race header (also known as the "shorty", is it?), so I'm thinking if I should change to a new header, which might have a flange that rests lower.

I want to go rcrew...is it a "shorty" design? I doubt it! The flange will probably be located further down, as compared to the DC, correct?

What does everyone suggest?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
k swap headers place the flange below the car. like where the converter would be. you may have a header that is mean for an rsx on your car which would mean it doesn't fit right anyways. there are a few hytech replica headers around that have shown to be pretty decent. you can pick them up for less than $500.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have the swap headers if you are interested.

Stefan

·
Registered
900 Posts
If your shifter is mounted using a karcepts box, your exhaust could be hitting the karcepts box during shifts. I have seen this before on cars that are running rsx headers or some of the older k-swap headers...both of which don't fit as well as the more recent k-swap header variants.

peace,
russ

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Either of the ones listed here will fit with no problems: http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/index.php/exhaust
looks pretty good & for $650 price seems decent. But it also says the collector is 2.5"...I really want to go 3" if I'm going to drop $$$ on redoing the entire exhaust.

I initially thought 3" is not neccessary, but a lot of people have had good results with it on the K:up:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Look into my exahaust pipe kits, I can do a budget header and a exhaust for a combo price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts