Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a project to make the DBW (Drive By Wire) system to work . we are doing the the project in a interga with a TSX Type-s engine and 6 speed transmission . i had a lot of people tell me that it will not work . i am here to prove it can be done . let alone will i get the swap to happen will come up with a plug and play harness.

As i have the engine and transmission already . started working on the wiring . going to design a plug and play setup so if anyone later wants to do this they can. then the second step will be to make the newer 06 si ecu compatible with the what i built for tuning . i will be posting up pic in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Let me guess, you used the dbw module off the newer hondas, that actually converts a very short throttle cable from the pedal to a electronic signal? Seen those units and thought about it.

Would be the easiest way to get this done.

And the Si ecu I would love to see, those newer cars relay a lot of signals via CANBUS network. If you have taken the time to sniff out the Canbus and make sense of it all, big props to you, there are a tonne of projects I imagine being done once we understand canbus and have a proper means to modify its signals.

Andre

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
RPM Systems said:
I started a project to make the DBW (Drive By Wire) system to work . we are doing the the project in a interga with a TSX Type-s engine and 6 speed transmission . i had a lot of people tell me that it will not work . i am here to prove it can be done . let alone will i get the swap to happen will come up with a plug and play harness.

As i have the engine and transmission already . started working on the wiring . going to design a plug and play setup so if anyone later wants to do this they can. then the second step will be to make the newer 06 si ecu compatible with the what i built for tuning . i will be posting up pic in the next few days.
The Si ECU and associated electronics are the way to go because the ECU can be reflashed with Flash-Pro, which is a less expensive alternative to K-Pro. The only real hurdle that I can see is getting the immobilizer working. Looks like you will need the key and immobilizer module (maybe) along with the ECU to make it work. Keep us posted when you start working on it. :up:

Let me guess, you used the dbw module off the newer hondas, that actually converts a very short throttle cable from the pedal to a electronic signal? Seen those units and thought about it.

Would be the easiest way to get this done.

And the Si ecu I would love to see, those newer cars relay a lot of signals via CANBUS network. If you have taken the time to sniff out the Canbus and make sense of it all, big props to you, there are a tonne of projects I imagine being done once we understand canbus and have a proper means to modify its signals.

Andre
What data do you need from the CAN bus?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i thought it would be worst than it is 04-05 TSX has a simple electrical system . you do have to use the APP sensor ( aka TPS) and a throttle control module. i got all the jig harness setup . i used a mongoose cable to talk to the ecu on the work bench. i just wired up the DLC port like it was in the car . in these new cars the DLC port connect directly to the immobilizer in the key cylinder and ECU. using some HDS hacked software with the cable i programed a key for the system. later after i get all the bugs out of the system i will attack the immobilizer device in the key cylinder . open one up and all it is a type PIC chip. here is what it looks like for what is done all ready.

here is some shots of were i am right now

if my wiring is right then it should start and drive the car . oh i forgot to tell you that i have outputs for tach and vss to work . again if i got my design right. the only thing i will not have right now is a check engine light due to it is part of the FCAN system that i have not figured out . but i have been working on a PIC chip interface to listen to the FCAN for the rest of the output i need .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Dbw k swap in a DC2 interga

now i come up with a way to connect the 06+ civic SI ecu's to what i built. then use FlashPro to be able to tune the car. after that is all done . BOOST! putting the vids together right now so i can put it up on YouTube .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the problem comes from the traction control unit . TSA system talks to the ecu and throttle body . when you press in the clutch , the sensor on the pedal with the TSA system , moves the throttle body on you. you can flash that problem away.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
someone ask me about the the engine swap it did. they told me there is no practical use for what i did. so i told them this :

with DBW , you can program the throttle body to auto adjust went you push in the clutch to get clean shift . also program traction control , to help with your 60 ft.

with cable throttle body , you have to move the yourself gas pedal yourself . meaning more things that can go wrong .

if you like to upgrade the throttle body on a DBW setup to a bigger throttle body. you just plug and go . the ecu will auto adjust to the new throttle body.

now lets talk price . with the DBW system you just need flash-pro from hondata. 06 SI ecu and up are all reprogrammable. you can program all the same thing like K-pro at the 1/4 of the cost of changing over the electronics and wiring.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to mention the fact that now with any rrc/rbc manifolds you don't need an adapter and you can use a cheap J35 TB that has a 68mm inlet and 64mm outlet. Or the TL-shawd TB that has an 80mm inlet and 70mm outlet but you need an adapter for that. OEM big bore goodness!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.