Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is an efficient motor, but I've talked about using the A8 block and a K20A2 or K20Z3 head combination. It won't have any issues if correctly build. See here: Building a K24A8/K20A2 Hybrid | Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum
Okay, thanks bro, I appreciate you’re guidance and willingness to help me out :) I’ll show my stuff! Follow the build or check it out on my gram @Evil_Guate (if I’m allowed to drop that here?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,022 Posts
Will I have an problems running proper VTEC? Isn’t the A8 an efficiency motor, I heard somewhere that it doesn’t have an oil port for VTEC accusation (I’m still new to all of this.)
The way the pistons are designed in the k24a4 and a8 causes valve contact when you crossover to the vtec lobe. You’ll either need to clearance the pistons for this, or use different ones like oem tsx, or crv spec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The way the pistons are designed in the k24a4 and a8 causes valve contact when you crossover to the vtec lobe. You’ll either need to clearance the pistons for this, or use different ones like oem tsx, or crv spec.
Oooo okay! I understand now! Thanks so much for clearing this up for me! So if I get 30mm cranks and slap a k20a2 head on, I’ll be fine? But I bet there’s more to it than just that

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,022 Posts
Oooo okay! I understand now! Thanks so much for clearing this up for me! So if I get 30mm cranks and slap a k20a2 head on, I’ll be fine? But I bet there’s more to it than just that

The pistons are the only part of the block that isn’t compatible with the type s or tsx or k20z3 head. If you have a k24a1 (crv) or k24a2 (tsx) the head Swap is a direct bolt on. So if you Change the pistons in the a4/a8 it is very useable as long as you don’t over rev the engine, the cylinder head is designed for a lot more rpm than the block was. Keep in mind for a type s cylinder head you would use the crv k24a1 head gasket. For a k20z3 or k24a2 cylinder head you use the tsx k24a2 head gasket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What kind of motor mounts do you use for the k24? Can I use a K20 driver side motor mount???

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.