Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Delsol doing a K20 swap. We got the mounts, now we need the driveshafts. Unfortunatly, we are trying to keep the cost down, so if there is a way to make custom shafts cheaps? Any direct replacements?

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
from

http://www.hondata.com/racecar/k20a.htm

Axles

Axles are easy since the B and K series both use the same size axle and same number of splines. The inner CV from the K20A should be used, with either a B or K series axle, and the B series outer CV. Due to the left and right axles for a K series engine being different lengths, it is possible to get axles in roughly 10mm increments in length. The longest axle is from the JDM DC5 (this has a wider track than the US DC5), followed by the US DC5, then EP3, then B18C and then the accord axle is the shortest.

I tried to get the axles to position the inner tripod as far in the CV as possible, so that it would be less likely to distort. Carefully measuring the axle lengths and assembling without CV boots, I found that two left hand JDM DC5 axles fit perfectly. Unfortunately when I first ran the car I found that turning the steering brings the hub closed to the center of the car- binding the axle. Some work at the track swapping out axles resulted in me using two EP3 axles, which were about 15mm shorter than the DC5 axles. These have worked perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.