Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the forum, hopefully not discussed before.

But what are the selling values of these cars with k24 swaps, k20a2 swaps?
I havent found a clear answer and the prices of them on facebook market place are all over the place.
The only reason why Im asking is I have a ep3 and was looking forward to k24 swap it and rebuild the trans with a LSD,
and Im not looking to flip it, Id wish I could keep it forever but what would be reasonable offer for it? Because if its still going to be worth under 5k forget it lmao.
shoot me with opinions:)

·
Registered
920 Posts
have you got an answer to this? I have a 2002 civic k20a2 swapped supercharged i'm looking to sell and have no idea on what price point to start this at...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I noticed not many have replied to this post. The current market value of our cars is hard to determine because of many factors. The biggest is where you look at for sale ads of them, facebook sell sites have actually decreased the value of the cars that sell on those sites. People want to pay little for things these days and those people tend to have cars that are either poorly put together or they have not contributed to their own car build. What is important is the love you have for your car and how you want your build turn out, what makes you love it.

Many people forget that a new part installed typically loses 50% of it's value immediately. A new part purchased uninstalled being flipped online typically loses 15-20% of it's value on resale markets. Many forget OEM parts are really worth more than aftermarket parts, though the aftermarket parts normally cost more. Honda can sell parts for less because their production runs are much larger and supplies cost less. They can also sell better quality parts because of this, people will pay more for a Denso alternator vs a amazon ebay alternator.

Something I do when I put a build together, I save all of my invoices an records of the parts going on the car. It at least proves I did not purchase the parts second hand and it provides a starting date of their purchase to prove their use. People that are willing to pay more and feel more comfortable with a purchase. When I buy new parts, if they have warranties I fill out those forms and get them turned in. I also keep record books of service. These are the little things that actually increase the value of your car as you go along. Installing a LSD does increase the value of your car. If you study the service manual for the car and replace/service the extra little parts it tells you to do when installing parts and document the process it can increase the value of your car. Many people install parts but skimp out on doing a service 100% correct and/or address supporting parts, while your in that area of the car it assures quality work was performed.

So much of what you are asking about comes down to where you sell the car, who you sell the car to, and being able to prove the love put into the car. Like my restore project on my DC5, I am addressing many things people tend to leave out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts