Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nivek, you will run that modified piece to which engine speeds? I guess the inlet resistance of the oil pump will have improved of the modification, but the spontaneous volume to suck before that resistance, decreased tremendously, which might be bad for hard transition action :scared:
just normal 8400 red line.and can you explain how resistance increased? By making four grooves? shall we make two than ? :)
i know in pic it looks like bent metal is touching metal mesh and the cone hole has lesser area now but in real time it looks ok.
and i know i kinda over did it but some on who want to do it now will understand atleast how to do it

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey whatsupp guys I?m new to k20a.org.... anyways I have a 2006 Civic Si Coupe and I ended up breaking my oil pan due to clearance.... not entirely broken but I knocked two big holes in the front and leaked it all out. Anyways I didn?t know I knocked the holes in and the oil was leaking... I replaced the oil pan and the rear center mount that fits into the back of the oil pan because it needed replacing. The front and center mount is in the mail so I can replace it too. But I have a rattle upon acceleration. In neutral and 1-6.... around 2k rpms the rattle starts. I posted on some other forums and a guy told me I have a death rattle and it?s probably the vtc actuator and possible bearings. But I wanted to come to a more k series dedicated forum. What do you guys think? Ran out it out of oil driving about 10-15 minutes no oil. I drove it home from the dealer because after I replaced my oil pan I had to get the immobilizer disabled.... smh I let it sit dead too long. But the drive home from the dealer was around 45 minutes. And it made that drive. Like it can run it?s just this sound and vibration in the gas pedal doesn?t sound good... I don?t drive it as of now. And the sound almost sounds like an exhaust leak or tapping by the intake manifold/ head... sounds external. But I can?t find what it could be. Let me know what you think please!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,758 Posts
just normal 8400 red line.and can you explain how resistance increased? By making four grooves? shall we make two than ? :)
Maybe you took it misleaded due to my non-native speaker allure :D...an improved resistance would be one which is lowered in my understanding. May I should have written decreased to be clear. Sorry for my misleading vocabulary.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats to all who wanna swap k24 steel pan on k20 pumps. My experiment was successful.we fitted the modified oil pump(see pics in previous posts) on a k20a and there is no pressure difference from before.idle at 30 psi,wot stays between 90-110.Vtec kicks hard as before.so now its confirmed that the above method works.:D
Rev limit 8600 RPM :)
i will post video of oil pressure guage or a log may be.i was driving alone so could not do it than

·
Registered
6 Posts
Extreme steering wheel shake
So i lowered my 2003 acura rsx not to long ago and i noticed my steering wheel was shaking, so i went and did a re balance and now my steering wheel shakes even worse so bad that it makes my arm sore. anyone know what could be other possible causes of the wheel shaking so hard? and my camber is only -2 all around and toe and everything is straight.https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't see how that is related to oil pan/pump clearance.

If you lowered you need to get an alignment done, toe would have changed.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts