Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
I currently have a k24a1 block in the works and will be going with a rrc oil pump. anyone have any insight onto which pan i should go with?
I've done Two K-swaps, both daily driven. That should answer your main question.

I have also replaced 8 oil pans. It comes with the territory, the only way to safeguard your oil pan is to ride around stock height.

-Froth
reading this thread scared the shit out of me until i read this post which is in bold. I let out a nice sigh of relief since my rsx is riding on aspec suspension, nothing slammed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so are all k24 pans the same? to my understanding some are different because of the balance shafts, if i were to install a k24 pan on my z3 motor (with balance shafts) what vehicle would i be taking it from? tsx element crv or accord?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thread revival!:silly:

I have cracked my aluminium oil pan and been riding around with crappy ride height for a while now but have sourced a k24 steel pan after reading this thread, however, its one of the TSX ones that stamped with RBB.

Still a little confused, can anyone tell me if this will provide enough space for the oil pump pick up with it not having the dimple in the centre?

Any more info greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bump for my last question :)

I have read this thread and a few others a few times now to try and get the answer myself but cant find anything solid and the different model names between the UK and US make it a bit confusing!

I dont want to get my TSX pan reinforced, jack the car up, drain the oil and remove my aluminium pan only to find out the new one wont fit :(

Can anybody help me please?

·
Registered
417 Posts
i just ran into this problem..ive got a k24A1 block with k20a2 pump and just tired to put a k24a2 rbb pan on and it will not fit..i believe the pick up is hitting the bottom of the pan..anyone figure out a solution for this problem yet?

61 - 80 of 107 Posts